Pajo’s Famous Fish and Chips  » Restaurants  »
2.5
Floating on the water between Bayview and Third Avenue, Richmond, BC, Canada
  • The portions are good, but Pajo's is not the best fish and chips I have had in the Vancouver area, and in fact, I have had four or five better fish and chips meals in just the town of White Rock

• by Jessie Bahrey

Having heard about Pajo’s Famous Fish and Chips all my life, I finally had occasion to see if all the hype was warranted. We were in Steveston, a picturesque little town right on the Fraser River in Richmond, BC, and had decided to eat lunch at Pajo’s, which is located literally on its own little dock on the river.

We were a bit appalled at the lineup that had

formed by 11:30am, but we took turns waiting, while the other one did a bit of shopping for fresh fish which you can buy right off the boats in the harbour.

It took nearly 45 minutes to finally order.

The prices seemed very reasonable, and I really liked being able to choose from cod, salmon or halibut, as many places don’t offer a choice.

The cod is the cheapest, then the salmon, and the halibut is the most expensive-the fish and chips meal ranges from $9-13, depending on the type of fish you want.

There is also a good selection of burgers, hot dogs and crab cakes.

We waited another 15 minutes to receive our order, and once we had our food, we discovered that all the picnic tables were full, so we walked back up to the ...

• Pajo's Famous Fish and Chips
      waterfront promenade and found a bench.

The fish was good, but the fries were greasy, and wilted.

I had ordered the halibut, and while it was tasty, the batter was only okay, and the fish inside was not flaky as it should be, but a bit heavy.

The portions are good, but Pajo’s is not the best fish and chips I have had in the Vancouver area, and in fact,

I have had four or five better fish and chips meals in just the town of White Rock.

It was also not worth the wait of nearly an hour to receive your food.

For that amount of time, I would have hoped the food would be more than mediocre.

I will probably not go back to Pajo’s for fish and chips, especially when there are better restaurants without the long wait.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 72804679711130/k2311a0428/4.28.09