Book Twilight by Stephenie Meyer  » Books  »
  • The book starts with Bella's transfer to Fork, a town that is small and does not experience the sun
  • The book has an interesting idea on how to characterize a vampire

• by sikat

Twilight is a book written by Stephenie Meyer. A blockbuster movie was released recently as an adaptation of the book. While every gushed over how romantic the movie was, I skipped watching it- not until I read the book.

Now that I finished the book, I would like to share my opinions about it. The book is written in a first person perspective of the heroine, Bella. Since Bella

is a teenager, the narration sounded like a teenager which the author was able to capture the nuances. The book starts with Bella’s transfer to Fork, a town that is small and does not experience the sun. She lives with her father whom she seldom visits before this. Her parents are divorced and her mother recently remarried. Being a newcomer, she caught the eye of a mysterious and gorgeous boy in school named Edward Cullen. They were both drawn to each other no matter how hard Edward tried to resist it. As it turned out, he comes from a family of vampires. How they go about being with each other is up to you to find out.

The book has an interesting idea on how to characterize a vampire. There is certainly a unique explanation behind the ...

• Book Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
      intricacies of Edward’s condition. Bella, on the other hand, is being portrayed as a lovestruck teenager. This might be such a romantic and sweet story for teenagers but after you reach a certain age (which I will not reveal), the characterization of Bella seemed superficial. She seemed creepy and stalker-like for me. I did not feel for her. She seemed so desperate and too needy.

All in all, it

has a unique storyline - at least for me because I have never read vampire romance novels before (if there is such a genre). Was this is a good book? I have read better novels. Will I read the succeeding books? Yes, because I already started this one. It is such a waste if I won’t know how it will end up. I am hoping Bella would be less irritating.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 172804679161030/k2311a0428/4.28.09