Bank of the Philippine Islands
  • One thing interesting about this bank is that they have preferred banking service

• by sikat

Bank of the Philippine Islands (BPI) is one of the Philippines’ oldest banks. I remember going to this bank as a kid with my mother. I liked banks even then because of the air-conditioning. Whenever I role-play, I have always wanted to play the bank teller.

When I started earning my own money, I opened an account there to start saving for my future. The branch that I bank with is still on the same building from my childhood. It creates certain nostalgia in me whenever I go there. Some things never change. Of course, the layout inside

the bank has changed. Recently, the place looked wider and spacious due to some innovative reorganization.

Like some of the banks here, I need to line up when I need to transact business with them. On busy days, they distribute numbered cards to determine my turn in the queue. I don’t need to fall in line to wait for my turn. Instead, I can just sit down and wait for my number to be called before I line up. Why can’t they just do this permanently?

One thing interesting about this bank is that they have preferred banking service.

• Only the bank knows the criteria on how to determine the preferred clients. Lucky for us, we are preferred clients. I guess when one banks with them for a long time, one gets that sense of rapport with them. Eventually, one will become their preferred client. What is preferred banking? Preferred banking clients receive regular updates on the various information on promos and services the bank is offering. The clients have special lane in the bank so there is no need to line up with the rest of the clients. The disadvantage about this is embarrassment. Everyone
        else can see that I was given preferential treatment. It feels awkward. It is also embarrassing when I line up on the preferred client lane and the teller does not recognize me. It seemed that the clients are identified by the teller knowing them personally and the assigned teller failed to recognize me. It is embarrassing on my part to tell her that I am a preferred banking client.

I have transacted business with this bank several times even without having use to my preferred client privileges. It was always smooth and the staff is helpful. I recommend banking with them.

Bank of the Philippine Islands

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 422804679141030/k2311a0428/4.28.09