Sally Hansen Natural Beauty All-Over Brightener/under-eye concealer  » Cosmetics  »
  • I saw a little blurb about it in, what was it, Oprah magazine, I think (don't quote me on my source, though ) they were super impressed by its abilities to make under-eye circles magically and immediately disappear
  • I found this product very difficult to find, and had to go to three or four different places before I eventually tracked it down
  • Heck, there must be a skin-tone out there for which this product was perfectly designed, but for all your fair-skinned girls out there it definitely was not us

• by asperchris

I had very high hopes for the Sally Hansen Natural Beauty All-Over Brightener/under-eye concealer. I saw a little blurb about it in, what was it, Oprah magazine, I think (don’t quote me on my source, though ) they were super impressed by its abilities to make under-eye circles magically and immediately disappear.

I eventually tracked it down.

And when I did, imagine my surprise when I found that the stuff is bright pinky-mauve! How odd.

I was, I admit, intrigued by its weird color I assumed that it had a magical circle-offsetting effect whereby the pink miraculously camouflaged the dark bruisy circles I sometimes get.

Mine aren’t even that bad, but noticeable when I’m tired.

There are days when ...

• I wake up tired, put on a black shirt, look in the mirror and think “Holy Moly! A little help with the dark circles, here?” Does Sally Hansen’s All-Over Brightener deliver? Not really, I have to say.

I was disappointed.

Even a light application on my quite fair skin was noticeably colored pink.

And not a pleasing, rosy pink that flattered my skin-tone, but a fake, purple putty

kind of pink that looked clowny.

I tried rubbing it in til it all but disappeared, but then my circles clearly showed through.

It can be used as a subtle highlighter, in conjunction with your cream blush perhaps, or along your brow-bone.

Heck, there must be a skin-tone out there for which this product was perfectly designed, but for all your fair-skinned girls out there it definitely was not us!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 312804679121030/k2311a0428/4.28.09