Nissan Maxima  » Cars  »
  • The feel of the ride was also very convenient
  • If there was one drawback to the Max it has to be the cost

• by Eric N Tambe

I purchased this car in the year 2002 during the month of January and I used it for a period of about 5 years.The car is four door family size car and it is the model GLX.

Some key features.

The remote control/car alarm was one of the features that I used and liked a lot on the car.The remote control allowed me to lock and unlock the car from about a distance of about 20 to 30 meters.I could also lock and unlock the hood of the car using the remote.This was such a cool feature especially during the period when the whether was not too friendly.I would just from my apartment window click on the remote and the doors will be unlock.All I have to do is make it to the car and it would be very easy to just drive off.

Performance.

During the

early 2000s Nissan increased the power on the Max engine from 235 horsepower to 255 horsepower.The new models were thus more powerful and I could feel it especially on the major highways when the car takes no time to get you from point a to point b.Right off the top of my head I cannot tell what the gas mileage was, but I though that it was pretty good because I filled the gas tank about once a week and the gas meter takes its time to move.

The feel of the ride was also very convenient.I suppose this was due to the performance of the tires.At 17 inch the tires were pretty broad and thus there was a very low gravity.The car seems to sit low on the ground and you do not feel any inconvenience as you ride along especially in the cities.

• During periods of snow the defrost feature of the car worked very well.My last car before the Max was a Mitsubishi Gallant and during periods of rain fall and snow it took a while for the windscreen to defrost.With the Max it was a matter of seconds and the windscreen will be all clear in a hurry.

Maintenance.

Most new cars do not need a lot of maintenance.This was the case for mine also.I only had to do regular oil changes for about the first three years or so.For the last two years that I had the car,the other maintenance that I did was for changing some of the tires.I couple of them got bad after I parked the car in a bad location.There were not any major problems at the time that I got rid of the car.

Cost.

If there was one drawback to the Max

it has to be the cost.The new ones do not come cheap at all.My monthly payment was around 520 dollars and if you figure in insurance for another 150 dollars a month,you are looking at about 650 dollars a month just for car payments.

Some other key features Six Cd changer,digital FM and AM radio,six built in Bose speakers,leather seat,power windows,v6 engine and last but not the least adjustable car seats.The CD changer,I used a lot by loading my favorite music in the car and just listen to them for a long while before changing them.The digital radio,I did program quite a few stations and I could easily access them.

Conclusion Overall the Nissan Max has to be one of the better performing V6 engine cars out there in the market.It is loaded with convenient features and the ride is pretty smooth from my personal experience.If you are looking for a car,give the Max a try.

Nissan Maxima

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 92704678600430/k2311a0427/4.27.09