In The Bedroom (R, 2001)
    • Item: In the Bedroom (R, 2001) movie Location: by: Famous

This movie is really quiet and intense. I feel that the title, “In the Bedroom” doesn’t accurately convey what this movie is really about. Sissy Spacek and

Tom Wilkinson are really good at portraying Frank’s (Nick Stahl) parents.

Sissy has aged into this really comforting motherly role. She seemed really perfect for it.

In the film, the parents are desperate for their son to go on to college and become an architect. But his love (lust?) for an older single mother (Marisa Tomei) gets in the way of “their” dreams.

When tragedy strikes, the family comes undone, and the drama ensues. There is one scene of extreme violence,

• In The Bedroom  (R, 2001)
      which in my opinion takes this drama to a really intense level.

Everything else surrounding the scene fits really perfectly. I enjoyed the film.

But for some reason, the quiet nature of it disturbs me. It seems like

there is something missing from the film.

But I can’t put my finger on it. I have this in my collection, and I only really watch it once in a blue moon.

I think that it’s a great film to do character studies on.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1160767800331/k2311a076/7.6.06