Clinique Moisture Surge Face Cream  » Cosmetics  »
  • I bought the Clinique moisture surge extended thirst relief gel-creme as I get dry skin in the winter and I wanted to start add more moisture to my skin now that I'm the big 3-0
  • I wanted something fragrance free as fragrances are not good for us to have on our skin and breathe in all day and I thought it would reduce any chance of having skin irritation of any kind especially if I wore it overnight
  • This is oil-free also, so I like that it doesn't make my skin greasy
  • I think Clinique makes a lot of great products but this is now one of my favorite

• by TheClassyWoman

I bought the Clinique moisture surge extended thirst relief gel-creme as I get dry skin in the winter and I wanted to start add more moisture to my skin now that I’m the big 3-0. This one is for all skin types and is a 1oz jar with lid.

This one states it is allergy tested and 100% fragrance free. I wanted something fragrance free as fragrances are not good for us to have on our skin and breathe in all day and I thought it would reduce any chance of having skin irritation of any kind especially if I wore

it overnight.

It really works quickly. It is a gel that is very silky and hydrating to the touch. It works quickly to penetrate into your skin but doesn’t leave your skin dry hours later, it keeps on working and you have a dewy glow. This is oil-free also, so I like that it doesn’t make my skin greasy. It really plumps the skin up, especially around the eye area and helps diminish any fine lines. I live in a humid climate and in the summer my face isn’t an oily mess. I’ve worn this in extremely dry climates too and ...

• it keeps my skin really radiant looking.

The package says you can wear it over or under makeup or as a 5-minute moisture mask. I’ve tried all except wearing it over makeup. I typically wear the cream under makeup or alone without any makeup and sometimes over night if I’m feeling really dry. I’ve also done a mini-mask around the deeper set wrinkle areas on my face and it really helps plump them up quickly.

The price for this product is pretty reasonable considering the jar lasts you quite a while. You need the smallest little dab of it and you

can use it all over your face. I think Clinique makes a lot of great products but this is now one of my favorite!

I give it a 8 as I like that it has a lot of herbs and more natural ingredients as the first ingredients but I don’t like that it contains cyclopentasiloxane (which is the second ingredient) as there is some controversy over this ingredient as far as potential long term toxicity but it is in most hair conditioners etc so it’s a pretty commonly used ingredient. It would be great if they used glass vs. plastic jars too.

dimple says :

re : This is oil-free also, so I like that it doesn’t make my skin greasy
    Not only is this cream greasy but also very little. Finish in two weeks, waste of money keeping buying one every two weeks.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 312704677720830/k2311a0427/4.27.09