HTC Magician Pocket PC
  • Every gadget appearance says something about how much it cost
  • I think that's great because unlike other touchscreen devices whose pens are detached from them, this one won't let you worry where you last placed your Stylus
  • Well, for me, I love taking photos of places which I've gone through
  • That's what made me feel disappointed though

• by Amaya

One of the most watched pocket PC in the market today is HTC Magician, a product of High Tech Computer (HTC) Corporation. Its features is like magic. You got all your Windows Mobile application in one handy and light gadget.

Trendy in style, it suits the modern criteria for electronic fashion. It creates a formal impression. And that suggests that it also has an ‘extravagant’ price. Every gadget appearance says something about how much it cost. Yeah, that means the cute, slim and smooth-surfaced gadget costs a couple of bucks. But hey, it is quite really pocket-sized and you

can already bring it anywhere anytime. I guess that’s quite a good thing especially for busy people who needs direct access to their assistant devices.

The device can be controlled by a Stylus pen (already included in the package). The pen actually slides from the case of the device. I think that’s great because unlike other touchscreen devices whose pens are detached from them, this one won’t let you worry where you last placed your Stylus.

This phone is also packed with a camera. Good thing, it does. Even if a lot of hard work has to be in action,

• happy moments should not also be missed. Well, for me, I love taking photos of places which I’ve gone through. These photos not only remind me of my personal memories but as well as for documentation purposes too.

The screen is as wide as to that of a Nokia 6300 phone. Maybe a little less in dimensions compared to other pocket PCs, but it has a great display and satisfactorily readable interface.

The device also has 128MB internal memory. That’s what made me feel disappointed though. I’m looking for a higher internal storage capacity because I don’t wanna purchase an

additional SD card anymore. Some cards in the local market are China-made. In just few months, they can no longer be read in the PC and the device. I am also hesitant to buy an original one because it really adds up to the expenses. However, if this device is available with a higher storage capacity, I still want to make a call with it. Its Windows Media Player is still a great thing to have for lovers of entertainment.

The package is completed with a headset, AC adapter, USB cable, manual and CD software. Well, pretty justifiable by the price, right?

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 632604677560230/k2311a0426/4.26.09