The Best Western Heritage Inn, Houston, Texas  » Hotels  »
2.5
10521 East Freeway, Houston, Texas, 77029-1926, US
  • While in Houston, Texas, for a few days recently me and my family stayed at The Best Western Heritage Inn
  • For the price we paid I found this hotel to be adequate
  • The rooms are large and have two double beds, cable TV, and a filter coffee machine, but very little hanging space for clothes which did prove something of a problem
  • The pool area is quiet and relaxed and we enjoyed our time out there very much
  • However, for the price we paid I thought it was reasonable

• by sampriestley

While in Houston, Texas, for a few days recently me and my family stayed at The Best Western Heritage Inn. We chose this hotel because it was reasonably priced and, as we would only be there for four days, we didn’t want to spend too much on a hotel. For the price we paid I found this hotel to be adequate. When we arrived the lady on reception was very friendly and helpful, pointing out the free wireless connection available and computers for use in the lobby, breakfast area and other details. She gave us our room numbers, which were all on different floors. As we were a

party of seven we would have preferred rooms closer together. However, she was happy to rearrange the rooms on the spot and immediately gave us alternative rooms on the same floor. The rooms are large and have two double beds, cable TV, and a filter coffee machine, but very little hanging space for clothes which did prove something of a problem. The rooms have an iron and ironing board, and if we had stayed any longer in this hotel I’m sure we would have needed to use it, as we couldn’t hang our clothes properly in the tight space provided.

This hotel is small and for ...

• the whole of our stay we saw very little of other guests, indicating, along with the swift change of rooms, that there weren’t many people staying there. In fact we had the pool and hot tub to ourselves most days, which was lovely. The pool area is quiet and relaxed and we enjoyed our time out there very much.

The breakfasts do leave a little to be desired. There is a limited choice of cereal, bagels, sliced bread and toaster, and a waffle making machine with waffle mix to do it yourself. Probably the biggest downside really was the plastic and polystyrene cups, plates and cutlery which are to

be used for breakfast and then just thrown away. This is obviously to save on labour for the staff, but it seemed a terrible waste to us and not a pleasant way to eat breakfast. But as the breakfast is included in the price of the room I suppose you can’t complain.

All in all this hotel is fine for a quick stop over, but not somewhere we would have wanted to spend any length of time. The surrounding area seemed deserted with very little in the way of restaurants or shops and the hotel itself has no restaurant or bar. However, for the price we paid I thought it was reasonable.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 22604677530230/k2311a0426/4.26.09