The Doubletree Airport Hotel, Houston, Texas  » Hotels  »
15747 JFK Boulevard, Houston, Texas, United States 77032
  • But it was at breakfast time that we experienced the only problem we had with this hotel

• by sampriestley

On a recent overnight stop off between England and boarding a cruise ship in Texas, me and my family stayed at The Doubletree Bush Airport Hotel in Houston. We found the staff at reception to be very friendly and helpful when we arrived and had no problems checking in. The lady on reception explained everything to us, including breakfast times and when we would be picked up for our cruise. She also went through all the amenities the hotel provides, which includes free high speed wireless and since we had our laptops with

us this was a real bonus. We were then handed free cookies, which my children loved, and we went to our rooms. The rooms are spacious, clean and have two double beds, TV and a filter coffee maker. There is also a small shop in the foyer where you can buy souvenirs and various last minute items like sun creams and medicines.

Breakfast at this hotel is good, but isn’t included in the price of the room. There is a selection of continental and cooked breakfasts. But it was at breakfast time that ...

• we experienced the only problem we had with this hotel. We set the alarms in our rooms to wake us up for breakfast only to find when we woke that the clock was wrong and was in fact an hour fast. We only found this out when we checked the time on the TV, as we thought it was unusually dark outside for that time in the morning. As we had come from the UK and were already jetlagged, this mess up with the time was a bit of a pain and I
        did hear other people in the dining room for breakfast saying that they had had the same problem, so it obviously wasn’t only our room that had the clock set at the wrong time.

That aside, this is a lovely hotel and I wished I could have stayed longer. The pool area at the back of the hotel is quiet and relaxing and I would have liked to have been able to take advantage of it. This hotel is obviously used mainly for airport stop offs and, as such, it far exceeds what you would expect.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 22604677520230/k2311a0426/4.26.09