IKEA Malm Platform Bed Black/Brown  » Furniture  »
IKEA-Atlantic Station, 441 16th Street NW Atlanta, GA
  • So the only problem I see with it is if you plan on moving, unless you have French doors, you will have to take it apart to get it out
  • We have really enjoyed this bed and its sleek, modern look

• by rylie_stephens

We bought this queen-size platform bed on sale for $99 the Saturday after Thanksgiving of 2008. It is normally $199, so it was a pretty good deal. The color is black-brown, but I really don’t see any black in it at all.

So if you are looking to match your black furniture to it, this will work

just fine. It has the wood-grain look.

It is not glossy, but it is very modern looking. When you buy this bed, you have to buy the slats that the mattress lays on separately.

It was pretty easy to put together. It took me and my girlfriend a couple of hours to do because we took a few breaks in between.

But the instructions are pretty easy to follow, and you only need a screwdriver to put it together. It came very well packaged with no chips or scratches anywhere.

I was at first concerned with the sturdiness of the bed, but once we got it put together, it is much more sturdy than ...

• IKEA Malm Platform Bed Black/Brown
      any metal bed frame. It doesn’t rock, and I have no fear of it collapsing.

We are on the heavier side of the scale, and it has held up extremely well. When you are putting it together you can put the slats at two different levels so that your mattress is closer to the ground or you

can raise it about four more inches.

So the only problem I see with it is if you plan on moving, unless you have French doors, you will have to take it apart to get it out. And it’s not a very light bed.

We have really enjoyed this bed and its sleek, modern look. We definitely recommend it!

alison says :

after purchasing malm i feel that the bed is too low ..is there a way that i can raise the bed frame 8-10 inches? without it looking tacky?

Marg says :

No, this platform can not be aadjusted. You can confirm here via Ikea’s specs:

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 572604677371030/k2311a0426/4.26.09