In Style (Website)  » Web sites  »
www.instyle.com
  • The website for In Style magazine is one of the best style websites I like to visit other than www. style
  • Below that you can find a number of interesting things
  • I love the transformations section because you can see the history of one star and how he or she grew up to look like
  • Of course, the biggest problem with this is that these outfits don't look nearly as good as the celebrities' outfits
  • I am getting a little too dramatic here, so I better stop right here and recommend the site to you if you love fashion

• by kaorusango

The website for In Style magazine is one of the best style websites I like to visit other than www. style. com. The website is divided into seven main parts: celebrity, fashion, beauty, shopping, makeover, designer central and weddings. Each section has a ton of information on tons of topics all pertaining to style. My favorite section among these is the makeover section which is actually a pretty cool way to see what makeup suits you. I never thought that an Asian could pull off as a blonde! Of course, I may just be flattering myself… Anyway, here is a description of the many sections of the website. You can always check the website itself to check out what’s in each section since there is a drop down menu when you hover your mouse over any section. One thing I forgot to mention, this website has pictures. A lot of pictures.

That does make sense for a website about fashion since you can’t visualize the dress with a mere description. At least I can’t. I personally think that if they did just write a description, every dress would look like a colorful blob in my imagination!

Moving on, the first section is about celebrities in general. There is my favorite ‘Look of the Day’ where you see the look that In Style picked for you. There are also usually four other looks and you can vote for your favorite look. I don’t see how that’s taking you anywhere or if there is some other purpose except for pure entertainment. Maybe people just like polls. Next, there is a section called ‘What’s Hot Today’ and this can have a wide variety of articles that tell you…what’s hot today. It’s just what the title says it is.

Of course, these articles keep changing as you refresh them, but to give you a taste of what kind

of articles there are, here are the three articles posted up at this moment: ‘Best Makeup Colors For You’, ‘Accentuate Your Favorite Features’ and ‘Eco-friendly Stars. Below that you can find a number of interesting things. For example, at this moment, you can find ‘Daily Hot Shots’, which shows a bunch of celebrities wearing good clothes. This also keeps changing. Note that you can add this website to AOL, Google, Yahoo and MSN. Then there are some snippets of the magazine itself , blogs, latest videos of things like photo shoots and other stuff. I love the transformations section because you can see the history of one star and how he or she grew up to look like. I have seen some…surprising transformations, to say the least. Also, on the main celebrities page, you can subscribe to a number of In Style newsletters.

These are pretty awesome actually. I received one newsletter about my one of my favorite actresses, Emma Watson. It showed her in her latest cute outfit. They also had cheaper versions of her outfit. Of course, the biggest problem with this is that these outfits don’t look nearly as good as the celebrities’ outfits. Only occasionally have I really seen some outfits that look almost as good as the original. However, this is understandable because you have to pay a lot to get that kind of a glamorous look unless you are lucky enough to find a cheap version. Back to the newsletters. They usually cover: the look of the day, deals and steals, hot finds and parties.

You can subscribe to each one separately. Finally, there is a little portion dedicated to a free trial of the magazine which is a given. The next is the fashion section. Here you can see the top trends which include clothes and accessories. This is one of the only things on this page that is not ...

• covered in other sections. Other than that, you can find really cheap deals and steals. This might sound like a cliché but you can actually find some really cool deals. Once I remember finding a sale where a typically very expensive store was closing down and it wasn’t a very popular store because it was online. That’s how I got an awesome deal on a gorgeous dress.

Even better, I found about the E. L. F dollar sale through this website and I got the most amazing bargains and ended buying a drawer full of stuff through the website. The beauty section has basically the same stuff as the other pages except more articles specifically relating to makeup. The shopping section has the ‘Deal of the Week’ where you can either win something or buy it for a very low rate. On the left there is an area where you can search for get nice stuff based on clothing categories or brand categories. On the right you can find the ‘must-haves’. This includes both makeup and clothes. The Designer Central is a fun section where you can see clothes by famous designers or by other celebrities like Lindsay Lohan who have their own clothing line.

You can also find styles of certain actors and actresses in a particular movie or some other event, bridal collections, who’s wearing whose clothes and the top trends of the season. There is also a section for Wedding. I haven’t used this section yet (emphasize the yet), but it has all the details you need for looking like a beautiful bride including planning, fashion, makeup, decor and the style of other stars (there have been a ton of celebrity marriages recently). Finally, the makeover section is probably

my favorite section because it is so much fun! I love changing the faces of me and my friends and making us look like gorgeous celebrities or clowns! I find it interesting how they do this. They basically ask you for a picture and you adjust it by placing these circles on the corners of your eyes, lips, tip of head and chin. You adjust your face and then they have a ton of celebrity hair styles which you can put on yourself. There is also a bunch of makeup including eye, lips and complexion-related. Before I cut my hair some way or decide to dye it, I am definitely going to use this to check how I would look with different styles. You can also save these styles to the account or to your computer and put your face in the In Style magazine and send it to your family and friends.

I want to send one to my relatives who haven’t seen me in three years and either freak them out or stupefy them with my suddenly glamorous face. Oh, and I forgot to mention that the makeup you put on can also be based on brands so that you can decide from which company to buy it from. You can also buy it right on the spot and check its cost if you want to. I find this whole thing very convenient!

Overall, the website is pretty awesome. However, it can get rather repetitive since you find a lot of the same content everywhere. Sometimes it seems too crowded with information, which is a good thing and a bad thing. It is good because I can find a lot of information and it is bad because I might not be able to find that one section that I loved ever again. I am getting a little too dramatic here, so I better stop right here and recommend the site to you if you love fashion.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 202604677211030/k2311a0426/4.26.09