Almay Intense i-color Eye Shadow Trio for Green Eyes  » Cosmetics  »
  • The first thing I noticed was a big negative the pointy sponge applicator is horrible
  • I recommend you ditch the sponge applicator and use a decent eye-shadow brush of your own

• by asperchris

I had seen this collection advertised in Magazines and was intrigued by the concept of a collection targeted to specific eye colors. However, I was dismayed to see, when I went to Target to check it out, that the primary suggested eyeshadow trio for Blue Eyes was bright blue. At the risk of defying the experts, I don’t know about you, but I find that blue eye-shadows are not actually the most flattering for my dark blue eyes, and not at all subtle.

To be fair, they also offer some rich browns for blue eyes. But I was much more drawn to the collection for

green eyes, and I’ll tell you why.

I was watching What Not To Wear and they gave this woman with blue eyes a killer makeover, showcasing a raisin-colored liquid liner and coordinating shadows. It was beautiful.

So, ever since, I’ve been on the lookout for a similar-colored liquid liner. Almay’s Intense i-color collection not only offers a raisin quartz liquid liner but has a coordinating eye-shadow trio containing the exact same shade, plus a gorgeous shimmery rose pink and a paler neutral for highlighting.

I was sold. Couldn’t even wait to get home to try them out.

The first thing I noticed ...

• was a big negative the pointy sponge applicator is horrible! Rigid and uncomfortable against my eyelid, it did a terrible job of applying the color. I recommend you ditch the sponge applicator and use a decent eye-shadow brush of your own.

So I had to work hard to apply the colors where I wanted them and an even harder time blending. Even so, the colors are lovely and really flattering to blue eyes (if I do say so myself.

) They go perfectly with the liquid liner, which is more subtle than you’d expect from a liquid, which I tend to think of

in terms of a much more dramatic look than one might normally wear for daytime. I also recommend a decent dusting of translucent powder as a base on your eyelids before you begin, as I’ve found this increases the staying power of my eye-shadows and reduces creasing.

I tried this eye-shadow initially without a base of powder and, sure enough, a few hours later, it was creasing. So consider yourselves warned.

Lovely, rich colors, though, and a swipe of the shimmery rose to the inner corners of your eyes is very soft and pretty. I will be wearing this regularly as my day-look of choice.

Melody Pope says :

my intense i-color eye shadow contains 3 different collors for my eyes, Im just wanting to know where each one goes on my eyes?… green eyes thanks a LOT …Melody Pope

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 312604677151030/k2311a0426/4.26.09