Almay Intense i-color Liquid Liner for Green Eyes  » Cosmetics  »
  • From an aesthetic-appeal angle I like the shape of the applicator tube, thicker at the bottom and tapering towards the top, and the same color as the liner shade for easy-to-spot accuracy when fallen to the bottom of your makeup case

• by asperchris

While in Target the other day, Almay’s new Eye-color-specific collections of shadow, liners and mascaras caught my eye. In particular, I’ve wanted to track down a nice burgundy-colored liquid liner that I saw used to gorgeous effect on a recent edition of What Not To Wear. My eyes are a deep, dark blue, but when I checked out the Blue Collection, they offered rich browns and bright blues, which I don’t actually like for blue eyes too much blue for me, and not subtle enough for the work

environment.

Greys, maybe, but not bright blue. But I adored the Green Eye Collection in which the trio of shadows showcase rich plums and a lovely shimmery rose pink and, wouldn’t you just know it? A lovely raisin-colored liquid liner (#4, Raisin Quartz).

Ooooh! Now, I’d never really used liquid liner much before, and I was skeptical that it would be too dramatic and bold for the daily-wear workplace look I was after. But I really wanted something smear-proof and long-wearing.

I snapped up that burgundy liquid liner and the matching eyeshadow collection and didn’t even wait to get home, but opened it right in the car (hey, there was great natural lighting ). LOVE the liner Firstly, and most importantly, it’s not too dark, so you can give a second or even third application if you’d like to up the intensity, but the first application is subtle.

Effective, but subtle. From an aesthetic-appeal angle I like the shape of the applicator tube, thicker at the bottom and tapering towards the top, and the ...

• Almay Intense i-color Liquid Liner for Green Eyes
      same color as the liner shade for easy-to-spot accuracy when fallen to the bottom of your makeup case.

The liquid liner brush-tip is stubby, though, and collects a sizeable dollop of liner, so be prepared to brush off the access on the inner edge of the applicator tube. Goes on shimmery and I had to hold my eyelashes down out of the way for my left eye, as it was getting all over the tips of my eyelashes, so annoying.

Hard to apply accurately to the left eye when

you’re right-handed. Dries fast.

Does not smear. Lasts all day, as far as I can tell.

Looks awesome. I love it.

Looks even better when used in conjunction with coordinating eye-shadow colors (but read my eye-shadow review for more on that). Do I look as good as the chick on What Not To Wear? Hmm, debatable.

But I sure love this liner. This was NOT an easy color to track down in a liquid liner, and I will be wearing it every day from now on.

Leticia Torres says :

re : From an aesthetic-appeal angle I like the shape of the applicator tube, thicker at the bottom and tapering towards the top, and the same color as the liner shade for easy-to-spot accuracy when fallen to the bottom of your makeup case
From my experience with Almay intense i-color liquid liner for green eyes is that it lasts longer than eye pencil. It’s a great way to emphasis the color of your eyes when you go out on the town. You don’t have to worry about it rubbing off and having to reapply. It stays on pretty well and it lasts a long time which is great for people with oily skin who always have to reapply their makeup. Purple is actually pretty on hazel eyes too. It brings out the hazel in your eyes and makes them look brighter. It’s an attention getter and complimentary. I personally use this color for my hazel eyes. It makes the green areas in your eyes pop out, making your eyes look very attractive.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 312604677141030/k2311a0426/4.26.09