Monopoly for iPhone and iPod Touch (UK App Store)  » Games  »
  • Monopoly for iPhone and iPod Touch (UK App Store) Like many I enjoy having a good old game of Monopoly
  • I found also that the areas which you can buy are all based on international states and countries, hence the international edition in the title
  • Unfortunately I have not been able to play it yet, as I do not know anyone else who has either the iPod Touch, who has the game, and indeed is in the room with me at the same time

• by internetwhizzkid

Monopoly for iPhone and iPod Touch (UK App Store) Like many I enjoy having a good old game of Monopoly. I might not be the world’s best player, but I still enjoy having ago. It’s just a shame that the game board doesn’t come out often at all, so how can I play it on my own?

Well I have now found a great edition (Here& Now, International Edition) of Monopoly for iPhone and iPod Touch! Costing only £2. 99 it’s a total steal you can’t expect to get anything more for value.

I will say first that if you do like the game Monopoly, then this download is worth considering. Playing the game is exactly the same as to if you were playing the board game, the only difference is that you can take this with you wherever you are, and the game is very life like

considering that its electronic. A prime example would be that to throw the dice, you actually shake the iPhone or iPod Touch as if it was the real things; and the accelerometer responds to the movements.

Like the real game you start by deciding who you would like you counter to be. (I usually go for the car) But you also get to choose one of 6 destinations for the game to take place, like a dining room, or the garden whatever you choose. And then as ever you play the traditional game of Monopoly.

I’m not very good at playing it, and I don’t entirely know or understand what you need to do to win. But I just play and see that most of the time I end up with the most millions. Game play is really simple, and all you have to do is ...

• tap things on the screen when they appear, and then shake the device when you want to roll the dice.

Nothing more to it really. I found also that the areas which you can buy are all based on international states and countries, hence the international edition in the title. The graphics for this game are very sharp and I crisp, I have played the game for an hour or so and I have experienced no slow, jerky or broken graphics whatsoever, it works like clockwork.

Oh and there has been no stalls or application crashes once, which is fantastic. I will admit that I was a little unsure if I was going to get this game or not, but I have now decided that it was the right decision and I have loved playing this game every time that I load it up. It seems

that the iPhone and iPod Touch really is turning to an all in one device, and most noticeably a games console killer.

This game also has the functionality of multiplayer’s and even Wi-Fi play so that you can play against other people in the same room. It’s a really good feature to have. Unfortunately I have not been able to play it yet, as I do not know anyone else who has either the iPod Touch, who has the game, and indeed is in the room with me at the same time.

Maybe if we could play other people over the internet, then that would be cool.  Like I always say there is nothing more that I can say, other than this is another great title which really is taking the games downloads by store. If you like this game on the table, then you will love this on your iPhone or iPod Touch.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 282304676681230/k2311a0423/4.23.09