The 40-Year-Old Virgin  » Movies  »
  • It has been many years before that I've watched this but each time I'm thinking of whether to review this, I think again

• by eryana09

I took some time to think whether to review The 40-Year-Old Virgin or not. It has been many years before that I’ve watched this but each time I’m thinking of whether to review this, I think again. Truth is, Steve Carell sizzles in this movie and is very charming, funny, a dumb-wit on a lot of scenes and many more. But I have been thinking lots of times how would kids and teenagers alike react when they watch movies like this. Will they be repulsive to lose their virginity

because they do not want to end up like Steve’s character? I hope kids nowadays can think more better than that. And if they can, watching this would be pure fun. As much as I would want to give this a rating of 9-10, I’d have to think of the content too.

But the ending is good. In the end, Steve doesn’t really give in to all those bad advices his peers at work give him. They are really bad influences and I think it’s alright to be a ...

• 40 year old virgin. I mean, it’s really because he thinks that he wants to reserve it for someone special; Steve’s character that is. In the end, Steve’s character ends up with a goody girl, just like him; a goody man.

There should be a message saying that it’s perfectly alright to remain a virgin no matter what your age unless you are already married. Perhaps there is that message, and it is subtle. This story could have been titled the Loveless 40 year old man or Unmarried

40 year old man. But as for the humor part, there are lots but most of the jokes are kind of dirty. Just wondering if the storyline is not laced with dirty thoughts and a catchy title, would it have been that good too? Just leaves me wondering. Not recommended for teenage children and kids alike, but would be alright if you are a married adult. Just for laughs. Perhaps. Hope I’m not too serious about this review, but I’ve given my honest thoughts on this.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 112304675941130/k2311a0423/4.23.09