Umrao Jaan
  • This is a Hindi movie in Urdu, I think and if I'm not mistaken
  • Amazing, and Umrao Jaan moved me to tears even though it did not do good in the box office, as many had claimed

• by eryana09

Watching Umrao Jaan brought tears to my eyes. This is a Hindi movie in Urdu, I think and if I’m not mistaken. I don’t speak Hindi language nor Urdu and it helps each time whenever I watch a movie of Hindi genre, or Bollywood, there will be subtitles.

Amazing, and Umrao Jaan moved me to tears even though it did not do good in the box office, as many had claimed. I’m not sure about that, but I am reviewing this in

my own words, so I don’t really follow what the crowd says. The story is set in a world and time of when courtesans are everywhere and Umrao Jaan is acted out by the wonderful and beautiful Aishwarya Rai. She star alongside her now husband, Abishek Bachan. This is a story about this courtesan whom is sought after but her only mistake was to fall in love with this Nawab decent guy whom cowards off when his dad has shun him off from ...

• their rich home because he wants to be with Umrao, played by Aish. And it’s not helping that there’s this warrior or royalty whom is so interested in Aish and he tries his best to pursue Aish’s heart even after the Nawab’s exile.

But when Umrao went to follow the warrior in hope that she could be reconciled with Nawab, without the warrior’s knowledge, they got caught and scenes lead to scenes and in the end Nawab discovers that Umrao has been with the

warrior and believes his story that he has slept with Umrao. He shun Umrao away and we see further distress in the life of Umrao Jaan. It is a very sad story and I just feel like giving the character some good fate just to make her happy. She wants badly a normal and happy life, which she does not get at all due to all the characters in her life just at one point or another, making use of her in subtle and direct ways.

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
    The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 112304675511030/k2311a0423/4.23.09