One Up on Wall Street by Peter Lynch  » Books  »
  • I thought that if a CEO and a stock investor recommended that book, then it must be worth reading
  • What I liked about the book is his humor in presenting complex stock theories into simple and elaborated language, one that can be easily understood and interesting
  • Imagine the knowledge that you can get from this guy and if you applied it correctly your return is definitely worth more than what you have invested

• by Kendrick

If there is a book for those who wants to know the secrets of successful investing in the stock market, it is One Up On Wall Street by Peter Lynch. For those who are not familiar with Lynch, he is the fund manager Fidelity Fund and one of the richest Bostonians with a networth of more than $300 million. I guess if there’s anybody who is

credible aside from Warren Buffett is him.

I first encountered the book when our CEO Henry Herrera mentioned that this is a must-read book for those who wants to invest in stock market. I thought that if a CEO and a stock investor recommended that book, then it must be worth reading. Besides, I have heard of Peter Lynch and he was the more popular ...

• personalities in Wall Street during his days.

And so I managed to grab a copy of the book through my aunt in Hong Kong. What I liked about the book is his humor in presenting complex stock theories into simple and elaborated language, one that can be easily understood and interesting.

His book is a combination of strategies on picking stocks, entry and exit points, practical

money management and best of all, actual charts and figures to back his claims. Here, I was introduced to his Lynch’s principle and his concept of ten-bagger.

I find this a good book to invest in for only $15. Imagine the knowledge that you can get from this guy and if you applied it correctly your return is definitely worth more than what you have invested.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 172304674780930/k2311a0423/4.23.09