City Hotel West Frankfurt Germany  » Hotels  »
Mosel Strasse 35 60329 Frankfurt Germany
  • There was nothing that bad about the hotel, but I found 1 of the staff members a bit off, it's not that they were really rude, but I would have expected them to be a bit frendlier
  • As far as I know all the rooms were renovated in late 2006, but our room looked a bit dated

• by leeanne

I stayed here 2 weeks ago and found it to be a nice hotel, but perhaps not as nice as the other hotels I have reviewed in the area. There was nothing that bad about the hotel, but I found 1 of the staff members a bit off, it’s not that they were really rude, but I would have expected them to be a bit frendlier.

This hotel is on Moselstrasse, which is a very long street, with a few junctions off it with streets running down the way as well. This street is also home to the red light district, and that is only 1 junction away from joining

onto this same street. Although it was so close by, you didn’t see or hear anything. This street is noisy anyway, as the road is parallel to the train station, so cars go along all the time and it is on the main tram line as well. We felt safe enough to be out at night, and if you didn’t go along that part of the stree you wouldn’t know it was there.

Anyway to the hotel. We stayed in a double room and paid £46 for the night. We only stayed 1 night, so can’t comment on housekeeping the next day. The room was fresh, aired and the sheets ...

• and bedding were nice and crisp. The bathroom had a shower toilet and sink and the shelf has toilet rolls, towels and soap on it. They also had plastic disposable cups, and these were sealed in bags. Perhaps a bit wasteful, but I guess you were getting your own cup. As far as I know all the rooms were renovated in late 2006, but our room looked a bit dated.The headboard was a dark brown wood colour, and against the light colours in the room, this stuck out and looked not so nice. The bedside cabinets were dark brown wood as well. The room had all the normal things such
        as bed, wardrobe, desk, chair, tv and mini bar. The bed was comfy, and we got 2 pillows each, which in most hotels they give you 1 and say you can ask for another 1. I like to sleep with 2 pillows though.

Breakfast was ok. fruit juice, cereal, bread and rolls. the cold meat looked a bit fatty though, and with the juice and cereal there was only a choice of 2 things, which was ok, but usually you get a choice of more than 2.

This room was comfy enough and the price was ok. it was all ok, and the location was good, but i’ve stayed in friendlier places.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 22304674770930/k2311a0423/4.23.09