The Boatyard Grill seafood and grillhouse in Ithaca, NY  » Restaurants  »
525 Taughannock Blvd, Ithaca, NY 14850
  • I have been to this restaurant many times, and each time, I enjoy it even more
  • In my opinion, the portion size is perfect for up to four people
  • I love spicy things, and I found the buffalo sauce to be absolutely perfect
  • I really love this salad because it is drenched in feta cheese, and I think that Boatyard gives you a very generous portion of salmon
  • If you are traveling with any elderly people or disabled guests, I definitely recommend dropping them off right in front of the restaurant

• by sherbert

The Boatyard Grill is the quintessential seafood and grillhouse in Ithaca, NY. This restaurant has an idyllic location on Cayuga Lake, and is very close to both Cornell University and Ithaca College. The interior of the restaurant is great and makes you feel very “nautical.”

I have been to this restaurant many times, and each time, I enjoy it even more. I usually order the buffalo calamari as an appetizer, the salmon tostada salad or the lobster lollipops as my entrée, and the sizzling cookie for dessert. The buffalo calamari is absolutely scrumptious

and reasonably priced at about $8.95. In my opinion, the portion size is perfect for up to four people. I love spicy things, and I found the buffalo sauce to be absolutely perfect. The calamari is wonderfully coated and fried, and the taste is certainly not “too fishy” or undercooked.

The salmon tostada salad is enormous, and it is my favorite menu item. I really love this salad because it is drenched in feta cheese, and I think that Boatyard gives you a very generous portion of salmon. The salmon is extremely fresh ...

• and well cooked. The salad also comes with yummy chips and pico de gallo. It is topped in a tangy and wonderful dressing.

In my opinion, you cannot visit Boatyard without ordering the sizzling cookie for dessert. This incredible dessert is just what it sounds like - a giant cookie on a sizzle platter drenched in caramel and banana ice cream. The ice cream comes from Purity - which is Ithaca’s local and homemade amazing frozen treat. The combination of the cookie, caramel, and banana is a culinary masterpiece! I believe the portion is

so big that you should share it with at least one other person!

On a side note, the only problem I have with Boatyard is its limited parking. In front of the restaurant, there is only a very small parking lot that is always packed on most evenings. There is more parking further down the street in a pretty shady lot, but I have never had a problem while having my car parked there. If you are traveling with any elderly people or disabled guests, I definitely recommend dropping them off right in front of the restaurant.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 72304674090830/k2311a0423/4.23.09