orkut .com
  • This is one of the many things I love about Google
  • I think the site is really addictive, so you better beware before getting yourself into it

• by Akshay

Orkut is one of the most popular social networking website owned by Google. I have been using this website for more than 2 years and there was not a single time I had a reason to complain about that site. The signup process is fast and easy, and if you already have an account at any other Google owned site like Youtube or blogger, then you can start right away. This is one of the many things I love about Google.

You need to get

your email address verified and then you have the complete access to your account. Though you have a really big profile to fill, it is not necessary for interacting within Orkut. You can add your friends through their email address or by searching them through Orkut, and start interacting with them right away. I love chatting with my friends through the scrapbook, while a better way is to chat through the IM. Then there are communities. Though some communities are really fun to interact ...

• in, some are filled with spam.

I spend most of my orkut time posting in communities and replying to my friends scraps. I also love the fact that Orkut automatically reminds me of my friends birthday, so I never have any reason to be in trouble now. According to me, Orkut needs to improve it’s search feature as sometimes it displays off-topic or unsorted results. Also, you will love the fact that Google keeps incorporating new and useful features, applications and themes from time

to time, especially during different occasions and festivals.

I think the site is really addictive, so you better beware before getting yourself into it. There are loads of fun ways to interact and connect with the world at Orkut. I love this site and the progress it has made over the years is really applaudabe.

Pros: Revolutionary features, great and fun ways to interact and connect, timely addition of new features.

Cons: Search feature needs to be worked out, some bugs need to be corrected, spam needs to be reduced.

orkut .com

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 202204673900930/k2311a0422/4.22.09