Thunder Cats  » Movies  »
  • At the time it wasn't my favorite cartoon, and I didn't appreciate it very much
  • However, when I became a little older like now for example, I realised what a good cartoon it was compared to some of the others I see airing on local television and some cable television channels these days

• by RedTape

“Thunder Cats” was one of the cartoons I can remember watching with my cousins when I was still a young child, as, although the show was released in the mid to late eighties, one of our local television channels would bring it on weekday afternoons in the nineteen nineties. At the time it wasn’t my favorite cartoon, and I didn’t appreciate it very much.

However, when I became a little older like now for example, I realised what a good cartoon it was compared to some of the others I see airing on local television and some cable television channels these days.

The show was about a team of superhero humanlike cats who lived on an alien planet called Thundera. Their team was called the “Thunder Cats” ...

• and all of them had their unique powers. Their evil arch-nemesis was a creature named Momra who lived in a dark castle on the dark side of the planet.

I really appreciate this show now, as silly as that might seem because of everything from the art to the theme music and plot. I can’t remember if I ever thought the dialogue was very

silly or not, but I do recall that the show seemed quite organised.

I appreciate the artwork the most though since the show was released at a time when computer graphics weren’t very advanced and unlike Japanese animation, much American cartoons were less realistic in the drawings and lacked as much detail. However, shows like “Thunder Cats” were beginning to see a slight change in that.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 112204673650930/k2311a0422/4.22.09