Indianapolis  » General  »
  • If you want something delicious, stop in and enjoy
  • These are just a few of the reasons why I love my city

• by Brian Wilkerson

I was lucky enough to be born in Indianapolis. A very nice midwestern city located in the heart of Indiana.

Years ago when my parents moved to Indy from Michigan, Indianapolis was known as India-no-place. It was a city very few people wanted to visit much less live in. Over the years, Indy has grown to become a fantastic city to both visit AND to live in. Let me tell you why.

The people.

The people

in Indy are friendly, outgoing and hospitable. Although you will occasionally find the odd “butthead” for the most part everyone is easily approachable and caring. Ask anyone for directions or simply the time and you’ll receive what you wanted and a smile too.

The city.

The city itself is a living, breathing thing. Ask anyone living in New York and you’ll hear the same thing. Over the years it has grown from a small city ...

• in the middle of corn fields to a major metropolis with its own NFL team (Go Colts!!), an NBA franchise (love those Pacers), the Indy 500 (imagine that) and a host of other treats.

The food.

Few things are a wonderful as a home cooked meal. Hoosiers (that’s what we call ourselves, no one knows why) take a great deal of pride in our cooking. Very little of it is what you could call “diet food” so

if you’re looking to lose weight hop on I-70 and keep on going. If you want something delicious, stop in and enjoy.

These are just a few of the reasons why I love my city. I left a few years ago for work related business but I hope to go home soon. My family is there, my friends are there and my city is there.

Stop by and enjoy what we have to offer. You may just decide to stay yourself.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 12204673550830/k2311a0422/4.22.09