Riverside Golf Centre Surrey, BC
3600 King George Hwy, Surrey, BC, Canada
  • Shopping for golf clubs can be an intimidating experience
  • The selection, the prices, the personalized, unhurried customer service and the ability to try the clubs at a driving range, all make Riverside Golf Centre the best place to buy anything related to golf

• by Jessie Bahrey

Shopping for golf clubs can be an intimidating experience. Golf clubs are an extremely personal and important purchase-after all, they need to make your game better, or why buy them? As there are new technologies coming out all the time, staying up to date on the latest choices is difficult, unless you watch the golf channel 24/7, or read the Golf Digest every month, and even then, finding the technology that is right for you is often a difficult process. Riverside Golf Centres can make this search much easier.

My husband was in the market for a new driver. We decided to go to the South Surrey Riverside location, as Riverside has always been his first choice of golf stores. When we first walked through the door, the

first thing I notices was just how big the store was; there was a seemingly endless array of clubs, clothes, shoes, balls and anything else one could possibly need for golf. There were also many staff members, and the store was packed with customers. Just across the parking lot is a driving range and my husband told me that each of the Riverside locations always has a driving on the property, so customers can try out the clubs at their leisure. This store subscribes to the belief that hitting a ball into a net will help the customer see the ball flight, so a driving range is really the only way to see this.

We had a bit of a wait to see a store employee, so while ...

• we were waiting, my husband picked out four drivers that he had read a lot about and wanted to try. In this case, they were various TaylorMade drivers. The salesperson asked some questions, and then he put strips of tape on each club head, for protection of the club but also so that you can see if you are striking the ball with the club’s sweet spot. Armed with the four taped clubs, we walked across the parking lot to the driving range.

After about 20 minutes on the range, my husband still was unsure and wanted to try the drivers with a different shaft flex, so we went back into the store and the salesperson once again taped up two more drivers. Although the store was very

busy, each customer receives personal customer service and continuous help until you have made your decision. That greatly enables you to make the right decision for you. My husband finally made his choice of club, after more than an hour at the store, and we got a great price as well. There were a number of sales throughout the store, and while my husband was on the range, I wandered around a bit. The selection for everything was extensive, even for women’s clubs and clothing, something that I have found lacking in many golf stores. The selection, the prices, the personalized, unhurried customer service and the ability to try the clubs at a driving range, all make Riverside Golf Centre the best place to buy anything related to golf.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 352204673470830/k2311a0422/4.22.09