Bones: Mayhem on a Cross  » TV  »
2.0
  • This leads to some interesting revelations about Sweets and the fact he was an abused child
  • And, it's definitely not one I would watch again

• by Steve

Last night’s episode of Bones, “Mayhem on a Cross” was, for lack of a better word, disappointing.

Normally, the idea of finding real human remains as part of a stage prop for a heavy metal band would be kind of cool. But, somehow, I feel the show kind of ruined things a bit.

of all, you have Booth’s former psychologist Gordon Gordon making a return to announce he will be retiring. This leads to some interesting revelations about Sweets and the fact he was an abused child. But, somehow, the whole episode really got a bit unfocused and that became as much of a story ...

• as the case itself. That’s not why I watch the show. And, personally, I feel Sweets is getting a bit too much in terms of air time. He’s even investigating the case with Bones now. What’s up with that?

The other part I’m not a big fan of is this case is basically

solved through detective work and not, with few exceptions, forensic work. Again, this is the whole point of the show. If I wanted to see people confessing in interrogation, I would be watching Law & Order instead.

This isn’t my favorite episode, as you can tell. And, it’s definitely not one I would watch again.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 102204673390830/k2311a0422/4.22.09