B-tex ointment  » Health  »
  • I used it once and was disgusted with the results and since then I avoid this useless but expensive cream
  • First of all the ointment is pretty expensive compared to the normal ointments and since I was having a big problem with the side patches I thought of going for the expensive B-tex ointment ( as I always thought quality comes for a price but it simply proved me wrong

• by mehakibehaki

When it comes to anti fungal infections B-tex is one ointment I just hate using. I used it once and was disgusted with the results and since then I avoid this useless but expensive cream. First of all the ointment is pretty expensive compared to

the normal ointments and since I was having a big problem with the side patches I thought of going for the expensive B-tex ointment ( as I always thought quality comes for a price but it simply proved me wrong.

I started using the B-tex ointment regularly on the affected area for 3-4 days but the fungal infection instead of getting cure become worse and I felt it hurting me very much. On examining the affected area I was shocked to find it dark and almost burned kind of marks. I ...

• B-tex ointment
      completely stopped using the ointment and went to a dermatologist to show my problem and he gave me some medicines and ointment which did cure it but proved me very much costly.

Since then I avoid using b-tex ointments for anything (be it fungal or bacterial

infections). It’s a worthless cream and it’s not always true that quality comes for a price. Wished I had listened to the medical store owner who has advised me against using it but I was a little thickheaded at the time and thought that I was always right.

Prashant says :

Can I use this cream for fungal infection of tinea corporis?

Galega says :

Yeah, B-Tex is a very good cream for fungal infection. I am sure it will help you to tackle tinea corporis easily.

Priz says :

Hey Prashat, i suffered ringworms that also on my face for almost 2 years… visited many doctors but failed… so finally i started using this btex white ointment (and not cream) on affected area… did it for alnost 1 month… and now i m free from that itchy patches of ringworms…. thanks to btex… must say use it…

JB Padhi says :

B-Tex is great against Ringworm, Scabies, stops itching almost immediately and cures in few days. Application is continued for some days.
Back in 79-80 I had Ringworm, couldn’t tell anyone nor could doctors do anything. Itching was terrible, got B-Tex Ointment it was the end of itching, Ringworm.

Hemanth naik says :

There is no side effects. I want with that ontiment now onwards.so please tell me. It work good or not

venugopal says :

B-TEX is just great,only one application and the result is just wonderful,thanks for this ointment and to the person who did this .

Aswanth says :

I recommend it to use it highly as the product is very effective.

Galega says :

There is absolutely no doubt that it works wonderfully. Being one of the most popular products of India in its category, B Tex has always been first choice in rural hinterland. However, I think it works better when the fungal infection is new.

vida says :

It is one of the few ointments, that can be used for multiple purposes. so it can help in the tinea corporis condition as well. so yes go ahead and use it.

moin says :

re : I used it once and was disgusted with the results and since then I avoid this useless but expensive cream
I was using expensive allopathic ointments for my chronic eczema.nothing much improved.now I am using BTEX SUPER for few days.lot of improvement and I am continuing it.

Galega says :

B-Tex is quite popular in India. My family members have also used when needed. Only thing I would suggest you to first rinse your infection or eczema with lightly warm water before applying B-Tex. Infection will be over within three days. Yes, three days that’s what my experience says.

Jennifer says :

Hi Galega, my husband has eczema and we were having trouble with his cream. We tried your trick about washing the area with warm water first and we have seen significant improvement. I just wanted to express my thanks for that tip.

venugopal says :

never ever try to touch the skin affected part with water, water is an enemy for all the skin born diseases.that’s why all skin creams are oil based. apply ,DRY

Galega says :

That’s not the case. If one is having skin disease, it doesn’t mean she should abstain from touching water or even taking bath. Keeping the area dry before applying B-Tex is must. But, keeping it clean is also necessary.

Ana DIlan says :

I do not agree with you but maybe it depends on the skin type. I had chaffed skin and this cream worked for me.

Preksha says :

Will b tex be helpful in removing fungal infection marks or there any chance that it leaves the scars behind?

Galega says :

B Tex can definitely be used for the treatment of fungal infection. In fact, it is widely prescribed for the same purpose.

Paeas says :

re : First of all the ointment is pretty expensive compared to the normal ointments and since I was having a big problem with the side patches I thought of going for the expensive B-tex ointment ( as I always thought quality comes for a price but it simply proved me wrong
It is very cheap and does not make irritation and relieve quickly from fungal problems.
It is best for fungal problems.

Galega says :

I completely disagree with the content of this review. I have personally used B-Tex and have seen many using this. It is a very popular ointment for various types of skin problems in the Indian subcontinent.

There is always a possibility of allergic reactions happening with any medicine. That might have happened with the author of this review. But, a case of allergic reaction should not become a point to discredit such a good product.

Further, the reviewer has said that this is a costly cream. Nothing can be farther from truth. Anyone can check this fact in the market. It is of very low price and that is also a reason why this product is so much popular among rural people.

diana says :

This cream is not expensive at all as it’s retailed at 20. Works great on pimples as its got salicylic acid, wouldnt know if it left scars behind since I just started using it. Will come back with a follow up though.

Vish says :

Dude.b-tex has proved to be very effective on fungal infections..I tried it on ringworms and it works wonders,your skin dries at first thereby reducing itchiness on skin and then the marks disappears gradually.
And coming to its price,it cost me rs.20 which I feel is the cheapest one as compared to other creams and ointments.
I will give a thumbs up to b-tex.

JB Padhi says :

Absolutely right. It’s the cheapest compared to Ointment like Ultravex Gel which needs to be prescribed by qualified dermatologist.

-23
cspasricha says :

Dude it cost me 17 rupees for 14g pack on 27th June 2014. Is that expensive?. What cheaper stuff have you been viewing I wonder.

I just used it for one day. Will update if it works or not.but it is surely not expensive

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 342104673060530/k2311a0421/4.21.09