DotA gaming  » Games  »
2.5
  • The game also features some purchasing powers of the players Well, I think that sounds cool

• by Amaya

Being a girl, I don’t fully understand why guys are so hooked up with DotA (Defense of the Ancients). It is a fast-growing computer game where players try to defend their ‘ancients’ from their opponents which also keep their ‘ancients’ on the other side of the map. The two sides will keep defending their own ‘ancients’ and will keep on attacking the opponents. I don’t see any fun in this.

The game also features some purchasing powers of the players Well, I think that sounds cool. I love customizing stuffs. However, this kind

of routine all throughout the game? I don’t think that it will still be cool.

Players claimed that the game becomes a lot more exciting when one’s ‘ancient’ gets almost ’sacked up’. That’s totally true but it’s not the thought of killing the team but it’s the thought of winning that made the game exciting. I just think that the usage of violent ways in winning on computer games creates an impression in the minds of the players that these are pathways to success.

Unconsciously, they are becoming what the characters of ...

• the games are at the time of play. Because if they are not, they would not display determination to win. They are like living in a virtual world where they can face monsters, defeat other kingdoms and build their own territory. I think that too much of it could be bad.

Another case I’ve encountered is of that of my friend. He played DotA just to be with his circle of friends. I think this is no longer for fun but peer pressure and building of self-confidence. Most teenagers fear not to

be ‘in’. They, especially guys, are threatened to be publicly ridiculed. That’s why they turn into something which majority of the guys are into. This is not a proper to way to be accepted. Surely, there are other more ways to have friends–true friends.

Though a lot of guys are so into it, I still find it a waste of time, effort, time and money. These resources are better be invested to studying in school. You’ll not just hit a high mark, you will also help your parents save. For DotA, it’s a 5.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 282104672740530/k2311a0421/4.21.09