Smashbox Lip & Lid Primer
  • I like the lip primer but you really have to make sure to exfoliate the lips very well and apply a lip balm frequently so that the primer has a very smooth surface to work with, otherwise it won't do anything for you

• by miszANH

This primer was recommended to me by one of the girls at ULTA, I was looking for something to put on my lips that would mute the natural red of my lips so I could do a nude lip and this was what she recommended. She let me try it out at the store and when I applied it, it made my lips totally nude so I could then apply whatever nude gloss I wanted and it would actually look nude, but it

did look very cakey and you could see a lot of flakes and lines in my lips.

It doesn’t work well if you don’t exfoliate your lips before hand and if your lips are dry, cracked, or peeling at all this stuff won’t work too well.

I really don’t use the eyelid primer much, but the few times I have used it it worked fine, it just creates a creamy base for the eyeshadow to adhere to and therefore last longer throughout the ...

• day.

It also helps the eyeshadow to really apply better and makes it more blendable, but if your working with a low quality eyeshadow to begin with it won’t do much.

I like the lip primer but you really have to make sure to exfoliate the lips very well and apply a lip balm frequently so that the primer has a very smooth surface to work with, otherwise it won’t do anything for you.

You also have to remember not to apply too

much because it can look strange if too much is applied, I always like to dab it on my lips and just blend it in until I reach the desired nude tone I want, and then follow it by applying the nude lipgloss of my choice.

Also, be careful to keep an eye on your lips throughout the day because when it begins to dry it can leave white marks on lips which is not cute! It’s a bit pricy but lasts a long time.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 312004672621030/k2311a0420/4.20.09