Smokin Okies BBQ Pleasant Hill, CA  » Restaurants  »
1.5
  • At first, I thought that this was a cute little place (very small) and it was recommended by a friend who frequented the restaurant

• by csibauer

Smokin Okies BBQ is located in Pleasant Hill California. At first, I thought that this was a cute little place (very small) and it was recommended by a friend who frequented the restaurant. Upon walking in, there was no one to be found. When a host appeared, they mentioned that we (I had a date with

me) could sit wherever we would like. We decided on a booth against the wall. A few minutes into looking over the menu, a man in the corner, near a tip jar, started singing and playing the guitar. (This was approximately 9am on a Sunday, I believe). The idea was nice, but the music was ...

• ridiculously loud. To the point where I could hear my date talking to me, and we were as far away from the man as possible.

We had a friend join us, she said, “Good Lord, do you think that if I gave him $20.00 that he would Shut Up?”

It’s true…I wanted to pay him off too.

The food was

fairly good. Although, we waited about 30 minutes before someone even took our order. (There was only about 5 other people in this place) The toast, however, was smothered in so much butter, that I wondered if this was a restaurant that Elvis would have gone to regularly. (And would have contributed to his death)

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 72004672401030/k2311a0420/4.20.09