Fujitsu Lifebook C-6731  » Laptops  »
  • I bought mine from a second-hand electronics store somewhere in Quezon City, and it still functions well
  • I have experienced using my friends' laptops, and I found it quite hard to use their laptops' touch pads, since they were not very smooth
  • I personally recommend this laptop for minimal to average computer users, since it can provide you with the basic functions that you need, and can even serve as an entertainment device due to its DVD Player functionality

• by jeeyah

The Fujitsu Lifebook C-7631 is really an old model. It’s somehow outdated, but it is very functional.

I bought mine from a second-hand electronics store somewhere in Quezon City, and it still functions well. One thing I really like about this laptop is its touch pad. I have experienced using my friends’ laptops, and I found it quite hard to use their laptops’ touch pads, since they were not very smooth. I couldn’t easily slide my fingers. And to think that their laptops are some of the latest ones.

Fujitsu’s touch pad is really smooth, and i personally find it better to use than a mouse.

It’s sensitive, so it reacts even to the lightest touch of a finger. And what’s good is that, it just reacts when one finger touches it, so if you hit it with something like a cloth, it wouldn’t react. I find that really nice.

Another thing I particularly like about my laptop is that it can play DVD’s! It’s like i have a computer-slash-portable DVD player in one! And the output is very clear.

I’m not a big fan of widescreen laptops, so Fujitsu’s 15″ LCD monitor works quite well for me. The keyboard is also very easy to use. It has 4 USB ports at ...

• the back, so I can plug in my webcam, ipod, and some other devices all at the same time. Very convenient.

Now, here are the negatives of this laptop. It’s a really big turn-off that it isn’t Wi-Fi ready yet. I had to purchase a Wi-Fi card in order to utilize our Wi-Fi connection. It’s also a little big and heavy, so it’s kind of hard to carry it around. Sometimes, it freezes, possibly due to its old age. It has a built in 30GB drive, and the maximum amount of RAM it can hold is 256 MB, so that’s a little slow, and doesn’t

really suit my needs, since I’m a hardcore internet user. The graphics card is ATI Rage Mobility, so it can’t support most of the computer games available online.

So, that’s about it. I personally recommend this laptop for minimal to average computer users, since it can provide you with the basic functions that you need, and can even serve as an entertainment device due to its DVD Player functionality. However, for those like me who are experienced users and who do a lot of stuff on the pc, then buy something more up-to-date. That’s why i’m thinking of selling this thing and buying a new laptop.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 632004672040930/k2311a0420/4.20.09