Stellar Lanes Bowling Newmarket Ontario  » Entertainment  »
1220 Stellar Drive Newmarket Ontario Canada
  • The venue was glow in the dark as well and my kids really enjoyed that fact, they thought it was really neat to see everything glowing
  • I find this to be a problem since I like to be near my children when they eat and since they are younger I would have liked to hear the conversation that was going on in the room while I wasn't there
  • I talked to my Aunt about the cost and she said it wasn't too bad, $150 CAD for 10 children

• by gordy93

This past weekend my 3 children and I were invited to a Birthday party at Steller Lanes for my 7 year old cousin. It was a great place and venue for a Birthday party.

The party was on a Saturday afternoon and it was quiet from regular bowlers, there was 1 other party going on at the time. The children had 1 hour of 5 pin bowling time which was perfect because after that they were sick of bowling. It was just the right amount of time for children. The venue was glow in the dark as well and my kids really enjoyed that fact, they thought it was really neat to see everything glowing.

The pizza and drinks were provided by the bowling alley and were perfect. The pizza was still

hot and the drinks were cold. The children seemed to enjoy the food. The food was served in a private party room away from the general bowling area which was decorated for the Birthday party. One thing I did notice about the room was how small it was. There were 10 children at the party and they just fit in the room. There was not enough room to have adults sit in the room with the children, so most of the adults had to sit outside of the room and periodically check on their children. I find this to be a problem since I like to be near my children when they eat and since they are younger I would have liked to hear the conversation that was going ...

• on in the room while I wasn’t there.

The length of the party was just right. After the food, gifts were done quickly and then it was time to go. 2 hours was a nice amount of time for a Birthday party. My children were starting to get antsy towards the end.

The bathrooms at the bowling alley were in nice shape and I didn’t fear using them at all. They also had some other games, such as air hockey that seemed to be in okay working order. The lanes worked great and I saw no one with issues while bowling.

One thing I did notice was the lack of staff involvement. Other than receiving and bringing back the bowling shoes I had no more involvement with the staff.

My Aunt who was hosting the party seemed to have a little more contact but even then it seemed to be very minimal. I would have like to see more involvement by the staff and helping with the party and possibly asking guests when they came in if they could help us find who we were there for and such.

Overall though it was a great place to have a party. We are not in the area but if we were I would look into have a bowling party for my children at Stellar Lanes. I talked to my Aunt about the cost and she said it wasn’t too bad, $150 CAD for 10 children. That seemed like a pretty good deal considering it included everything except the Birthday cake and loot bags.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 592004671720930/k2311a0420/4.20.09