Blood Diamond movie  » Movies  »
  • Before I watched the movie Blood Diamond I don't think I had ever heard about the war over diamonds coming from the African country Sierre Leon
  • In fact, I think people always seemed to be a bit more focused on genocide in other African countries

• by RedTape

Before I watched the movie “Blood Diamond” I don’t think I had ever heard about the war over diamonds coming from the African country Sierre Leon. In fact, I think people always seemed to be a bit more focused on genocide in other African countries.

One thing that the movie taught me though was that many people in the West tend

to take their luxuries for granted.

For example, when I watched the movie all I could think about was how rap and hip hop stars in the United States always seem to be trying to outdo each other in terms of bling (expensive material things especially jewelry)when many of them don’t even know that they are doing this at the expense ...

• of other black people living in certain part of Africa.

The movie is all about an African man named Solomon living in Sierre Leon who tries to find and reunite his family after war and violence break out even worse there.

One of his children is forced to leave the family and brainwashed into becoming a child soldier, while his wife

and other children are on the run.

He finds himself being helped by a rogue who was previously only after a diamond he had hidden, and then changes to the point where he will sacrifice his life for Solomon.

The movie stars the famous American actor Leonardo DiCaprio and another famous Hollywood African actor who starred in movies such as “Beauty Shop”.

Blood Diamond movie

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 111804671360430/k2311a0418/4.18.09