Kohinoor Basmati Rice
  • I like the presence of rice most in my meal
  • In fact, I belong to an area which is the best in the production of rice

• by Lex

I like the presence of rice most in my meal. In fact, I belong to an area which is the best in the production of rice. Nowadays, when I am shifted to the metro, there obviously I cannot hope to get rice from my native place.

The solution is in the form of Kohinoor Basmati Rice. I am a fan of Basmati Rice,

since it is most tasty of all varieties and then just being kept in front of us can change the whole milieu.

However, buying basmati rice from the open market is always dangerous. Since, it is far much dearer than ordinary rice the chances of it being contaminated is high.

That is why l like the packaged rice and in this category Kohinoor ...

• stands first. The quality that they provide is simply outstanding.

The basmati rice is also known for a pleasant fragrance and here also Kohinoor stands better. The packaging is also very good.

The Kohinoor rice comes in different packet with different weight. The biggest benefit with this is its challenging price.

Despite the fact that it is the best available rice in the

market it is available in very low price. This makes it even more attractive.

I have not felt anything wrong with the continuous use of this product. The basmati rice is naturally better for health than ordinary one and by shelling out a little extra I happy to get the best of it.

I am currently using it and will keep on for the upcoming days.

kay says :

video has gone viral.your brand is made out of plastic and gives people stomach problems .any answers.is it that the company needs money to this extent.feeding people plastic??? goat doesn’t eat plastic what more of human beings.

Jim says :

Don’t spreading propaganda. I could create an image with ALL the rice brands in the world and say these brands make plastic rice. Who would you believe then? Will you stop trusting all the brands in the picture?
    The video shows plastic pellets being made and I don’t see the brand Kohinoor at all in them, let alone rice bags ready for distribution. Stop being narrow minded and believing everything the internet feeds you.

Amit arora says :

Hello all I am from the kohinoor foods limited makers of the kohinoor basmati rice. My family has been in the rice business for 40 years and we have been the victims of vicious and malicious intent of somebody. Kohinoor basmati rice is totally safe to consume. I challenge anyone with scientific proof to prove otherwise. I invite anyone to our rice mills to see how rice is made and they can judge for themselves. We are a very reputed company for the last 40 years and our business is being harmed by a few people who cannot see good people succeed. I request all of you good people not to believe these rumours and please don’t spread vicious rumours about good companies who do good for people.

Thank you.

Hi Amit,

I am a long time user of Kohinoor Basmati Rice and am a completely satisfied consumer. I can vouch for its quality. It is one of the best selling brands in its category with high reputation of quality. I would request you to please write down a comment below of a user named Bibi. I have tried to share my opinion and have also given contact address to her. But, it seems she is not satisfied. Please take a moment and soothe her fear.

And, it is very nice to see the owner of such a big brand writing here and inviting anyone to cross check the manufacturing plant to understand the entire process and quality issues.

Thanks and Regards

alexander says :

pls tell the Segmentation Targeting way of kohinoor basmati rice company in detailed manner

Hi Alexandar,

This review is based on the personal experience of the PRODUCT Kohinoor rice. I am afraid, you can’t get any information regarding the way management of Kohinoor works.

Having said that, I advise you to search Business Today magazine. They had a big cover story on Kohinoor. You may find some info regarding segmentation Targeting.

an kohinoor customer says :

an regular user of kohinoor its quality is best than anynither nrand i had tried patangali the fake brand
    i want to confermed that i had an image clamming to be plastic rice made by kohinoor but i am using kohinoor since 2008 it gives me a great taste to my biryani please confermed that the kohinoor brand is not plastic rice i know that its false and i dont belive such ad kindly reply so i can past your reply to that person

Galega says :

That plastic stuff in Kohinoor Basmati Rice has been found out to be a hoax, a malicious attempt by someone to give it a bad name using social media websites and messaging services. There isn’t any truth in that. Further, I would also like to tell you that Patanjali Rice is not a fake product. It is also good. Though, personally, I like Kohinoor.

Jayanti says :

Had ordered Kohinoor everyday basmati rice 5 kg bag by grofers..the bag weighed 4853 gm instead of 5000 gm as required.
    Imagine everyday thousands of customers getting duped like this

Galega says :

You should immediately brought this fact to the notice of concerned authorities of Kohinoor Rice. My experience with this brand has been very good and I never encountered low weight issue.

Bibi says :

Bought kohinoor basmati silver for around 8 for 5kg. This is the worse ever rice I’ve bought. There is a mixture of basmatic and broken basmati . While some are over cooked some are still raw. Tried cooking on gas hob , microwave and in Briyani and had this issue in all the different types I tried to cook it.
    Sad for such a famous brand to do something so cheap like this.

Galega says :

Are you sure about the originality of the product you had bought? I have also used Kohinoor Basmati Rice. I never experienced any difficulty with the quality. This is the most popular and most selling Basmati Rice brand of India. There are also lots of counterfeited products in the market in the name of Kohinoor. It is because of this fact that I always ensure to buy it only from a reputed shop. I think you have got a fake product, as it is really unthinkable to get broken basmati in the bag of Kohinoor.

Bibi says :

I bought it from a very famous store and there’s no chance they selling a fake one.. Sadly that was the original rice.i even tried to contact them but so far no answer from kohinoor.. Sadly even customer service not good.

Hi Bibi,

I am really surprised to see that you are completely satisfied about Kohinoor. I was just talking about your concern with the owner of my local grocery store this morning about Kohinoor, and he told me that there has never been any sort of complaint about this brand. His name is Dharma (in Hanuman Nagar, Patna).

I have seen many people completely satisfied with this product. It is the most selling basmati rice brand in India. I am surprised to see your concerns. I don’t think it is to be a one off issue. If you have the sample and receipt, you should contact the consumer forum. They will definitely tackle your problems.

Bibi says :

Yes there is no doubt about the fact it was an original item ,I am from uk and the company from which I bought it is a famous and reliable one.
    For sure I did send a complain months ago with no reply so far.i still have sample of the rice. I did contact the provider because i didn’t keep the receipt (never thought will get an issue with such a branded rice ) they told me they will have to issue an invoice for 3.i bought the rice for 8 and felt pointless spending more to return it.i kept it to use when I’m doing rice pudding.

To be more precise a mail was sent on 21/02/2015 on info[at]kohinoorrice.com

Galega says :

You should send your complaint to info[at]kohinoorfoods.in (not kohinoorrice.in ).

You can also directly contact the company from their website:

Give the link of this review to let them know that the concerns were discussed on a public forum.

I am not related to Kohinoor. I am also a user.

Amit arora says :

Hi pls send your original complain to amit.arora[at]kohinoorfoods.in

We will have our uk office contact and attend to your complain. I apologise if the customer satisfaction level u desired was not met. Hopefully we can serve you better in the future.

Best regards

Amit arora

Galega says :

Thanks Amit for posting official communication link here. I had also suggested to give link of this review to the company expecting someone to directly leave a message.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 271804671230430/k2311a0418/4.18.09