Acer Aspire 4730z  » Laptops  »
  • I've seen laptops with the same specs or lower that are more expensive than this

• by chie

Are you looking for a cheap laptop with high specs? Acer has it. This notebook came out November last year. It’s fast, it looks good and it’s cheap.

Want a clear display? This has 14.1 inches Acer CrystalBrite TFT LCD display with 1280 x 800 high

resolution. It’s graphics is Mobile Intel GL40 Express Chipset with integrated 3D graphics, featuring Intel GMA 4500M. This graphics card came out last year and gives an approximately 797 MB of total memory.

Speed is not a problem. It’s a Pentium Dual Core T4200 (2.0 GHz, 800 Mhz) and has 2 GB of DDR2. At this rate, a lot of games can be played. I’ve tried Tantra, Warcraft, Half Life 2 and Left For Dead. It is also best for programming languages. I’ve installed PHP and Visual Basic but still did ...

• Acer Aspire 4730z
      not feel any slow performance.

Other specs are 250 GB of disk space, 5-in-1 card reader, WiFi, webcam, microphone, 2 speakers, bluetooth, ethernet port, modem port, 2 USB ports, standard jacks (microphone, headphone and DC-in), DVD RW and touchpad. It also includes a licensed Windows Vista

Starter.

Thinking of how much this costs with high specs? I bought this for only Php 28,500 ($595). Cheap huh? I’ve seen laptops with the same specs or lower that are more expensive than this. I’ve tried and tested its performance and it hasn’t slowed a bit.

Acer Aspire 4730z
tuan says :

i am having difficulty connection to wireless network, wifi connection. is there a button somewhere on the Acer Aspire 4730z to turned on wifi? i tried connection to a network, but its not picking up wifi signals? my other laptops are able to pick up wifi signals. please let me know bout this issue, asap. thank you. ps-wifi within my home. tuan

Jules Li says :

There doesn’t seem to be a switch. However, you can also enable/disable the wireless card from the device manager. Click on start and type device manager into the search box. Once the device manager is open, click the box next to network adapters. Right click on the wireless card and click on enable. It should now be turned on.

cathy borncamp says :

I have problems with the keys sticking–not keeping up with typing speed

Jules Li says :

If by sticking, you mean physically, that means that you will have to clean the keys. If this doesn’t work, it could be a problem with the keyboard.

lhoyy says :

How much the prize of the Acer Aspire 4730z

Jules Li says :

I assume you mean price. This would of course vary depending on where you purchase it. However, the price ranges are typically between P9,500.00 and P16950.00.

Royce says :

I bought two of these about 8 months ago. One for me and one for my girlfriend. They were on sale for US 399. I still can`t believe what a great deal that was. This think is a beast for the price. Runs VM`s, surfs the net. I use it for home recording both audio video editing. This think can do it all. Obviously the ingel mobile 4500gm graphics chip doesn`t play games but what do you expect for 399. It`s the best laptop for the money you can get. so buy it

sanjaybhargav says :

i need web cam softwares

Jules Li says :

If this is for the web cam that came with the computer, you can download the software from Acer’s website.

john wilson says :

Can I play moves from the enternet thru this laptop to my HDTV with the right cable

Jules Li says :

The ethernet cable isn’t is not capable of transmitting video. You will need either an S-Video or VGA cable, depending on what type of computer you have.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 631804670790330/k2311a0418/4.18.09