Vodafone India  » Cellular services  »
  • Since then, one can sense the benefit of enjoying the service of the best of the world
  • Whether it is hello tune or something else, it provides easy service with lowest cost

• by Lex

I am using Vodafone for the last six months. I am sure about it that it is far much better than my old Cellular Services Provider. It is the leading cellular service provider of the world.

It came in India after the acquisition of Hutch. Since then, one can sense the benefit of enjoying the service of the best of the world.

The network connectivity of

Vodafone is simply outstanding. Though it is not present in all circle of India, I never feel being out of network, even though I am not in its area.

Without charging anything extra it connects my mobile wherever I may be. The value added services are the best of Vodafone.

Whether it is hello tune or something else, it provides easy service with lowest cost. For value ...

• added services, its website is sufficient as all relevant information is kept there.

As for call drop, I never felt this. When I was using my old cellular, the call drop was general phenomena, however, all have been vanished with Vodafone.

The recharge and top up options are also eye-catching. Now it is possible to get my mobile recharged with minimum possible payment.

With lowest charge in

India, it comes handy to use Vodafone for a student. The customer care is also supportive.

Hardly, I have to wait when trying to call the customer care service. In my old cellular services, I have to wait for a long time to take help from customer care that was irritating.

Now there is nothing like such. On the whole, Vodafone is a very good cellular services provider and I am quite satisfied with it.

Vodafone India
    Apurva says :

I am from Delhi using vodafone for last one year and I faced a lot many problem in its service, apart from network problem, value added services got activated automatically without any consent of user. When I tried to complain by writing mails as they never answer call no response came from the concerned authority and at last when I called Nodal Officer she just said that I should have activated DND services. So make sure when you are going for vodafone, do activate DND services or maintain balance less than 15 - as they are always ready to deduct balance by any means HAPPY TO DEDUCT instead of HAPPY TO HELP should be used by vodafone as its tagline .

Galega says :

[at]Apurva: sorry to see that you have such a bad experience with Vodafone. I can’t say what was condition two years back or in 2010-11, but it is definitely better currently.
    Vodafone has started many Value Added Services which can help you to sort out any issues instantly. Just an SMS to 111 can make you eligible to elicit the response from the team. They have also taken many means like opening physical shop to handle customers complaint at various locations in Delhi. If you are still using Vodafone in Delhi, i think your experience by now should be better.

Apurva says :

Thanks for response after 2 years. Right now I am not using any Vodafone Service, I have switched to some other trusted network. Regarding value added service or sending SMS to 111, all I can say is I am afraid to do that because even if I don’t select any service they will activate it without any consent.Wonder what will happen if I would have dialed 111 number by myself. I went to physical shops opened by Vodafone, with only response “We cannot reimburse your money, dial customer care”.
    Galega: If you are not associated to Vodafone, kindly ignore my comments. Thanks..

nishakant pandey says :

dont use vodafone, its network is pathetic and will unnecessarily add to your stress and take toll on your health. it gets specially worse when you are on roaming. i also have idea and airtel and safely say they have much better network.

Galega says :

[at]Nishakant: Vodafone charge a little bit more when its customers are on roaming. However, i don’t think that its network is pathetic, at least in city. I don’t find any issue with it specially with respect to network. On the contrary, my brother who is using Airtel has some problem with network. Though, i admit that it has some problems when it comes to roaming.

Neetha Panicker says :

vodafone provides the most abysmal service among all service providers. They simply annoy their customers instead of helping them solve the issues. They have this very obnoxious system of setting the credit limit of someone. When I had taken the connection i had specifically requested them to provide for a higher credit limit,which they said they would, but never did. The Customer care people themselves are confused about the documents that needs to be submitted, each person says a different thing. Their verification process is also annoying, some random lady calls and if you are in the middle of some important meeting and u cannot take the call, they disconnect your services. When i had taken the connection, a vodafone guy had come to my house to collect the documents, and then later they say that for the verification round they sent someone to the residence but the neighbours said they dont know us (we have been living there since 25 years) and they do not operate after 8 pm, so till the time your vodafone verification is not done you have to be home everyday before 8pm, else they disconnect your services without even giving you a prior notification. PLEASE DO NOT EVER TAKE A VODAFONE CONNECTION.

Galega says :

[at]Neetha Panicker:Sorry to see your bad experience with Vodafone. As you said, they are really pathetic when it comes to making verification of documents. However, after everything is settled down, they provide good customers’ experience and impeccable service. Verification of documents and residential address is something that they can not take liberty with. It is not just about money, but the Government is also pressurizing for proper verification after so many terrorist activities.

I think Credit Limit is something that is veriable - at least for me. I have seen my credit limit going up and down as per my requirement and the amount of time i make calls in a week. For me, credit limit is not an issue.

YASH says :

vodafone charged me to pay internet services and my phone is basic phone without internet facility.
    and when i asked to send corrected bill , they send me court notice to pay bill, vodafone is corrupt company , they charge whatever they want……..ridiculous

Galega says :

Even if you have not activated any Internet data pack, you can use Internet. If you are using an smart phone, or any phone which doesn’t require installation of GPRS settings, you can use the Internet.

Contact the customer care and ask for details of the Internet usage, including time and the amount of bandwidth. It will help you to see whether someone from your family or friends have used Internet through your phone or not.

Please remember, if you have not activated any data pack, the charge of Internet usage on Vodafone is astronomical in India. I have also been a victim of it.

If you are still using Vodafone, you can directly contact them through your mobile.

If not, call them on this number: 91 9820098200

jagan says :

i have taken vodafone sim 1 month back. to be frank this is fucdddking network and they customer care support is worst. i have used idea,tatadocomo and airtel but i don’t see this type of worst service. i you call customer care it wil take 30 min minimum and they will charge 50paise for every 3 min. if am waiting when 3 months will complete to change to another network. i am really frustatd and they are torturing customers. please don’t port to vodafone. they will show you hell. please folks don’t take vodafone. worst network and worst customer support.

Galega says :

IVR system where majority of questions are answered is completely free. You will not be charged any money for that. When you talk to a customer care executive, they will charge 50 paise for 3 minutes. This is also done by Idea and Airtel, so nothing unusual here. Further, you can always get a direct number to the customer care executive and you will not have to waste 30 minutes.

I think it depends on your location, also. Vodafone is providing good services. I don’t have any doubt about that. IT is possible that the network is not fine at your location.

Ajay Sharma says :

I am using Vodafone since last 4 months, taken CUG connection with 20 sim. It was purely being used for internal communication. Last 2 days back i was in roaming and my blackberry crashed I used internet from Vodafone sim, approx 1 hr and used 264 MB (as their customer care said)And they have charged 2400 Rs. . I request all the users be cautious with Vodafone if using internet from their pospaid connection.
    Its the hard money of public which is being looted by these telecom companies with the consent of A.Raja type politicians.

Galega says :

[at]Ajay Sharma: Did you follow the lead? This is not only astronomical, but also quite ridiculous charge. Rs. 2400 for 264 MB is something that is hard to digest and I know you must be in shock hearing this. If the customer care center has not been able to solve your problems and return your money, then you should contact any consumer forum. Wherever you may be, there is a consumer forum near you. majority of people are not aware of the existence of consumer forum. You should go there if Vodafone has still not returned your money.

Manoranjan Swain says :

u r wright these vodafone telecom is a worst service provider i m staying in bangalore, maximum u wont find any network and they r deducting balance saying that some services has been activated on ur no. and i had taken plan of v-v 10/min but most of the time i had to pay 2p/min. two to three times they have charges 60, 70 rupee for 60 min instead it should charges only 10 rupee, as i have 10/min v-v plan. so dont go for vodafone and if u try to complain they wont listen and they dont have any proper communication

galega says :

Yeah Manoranjan.

I have just faced this prcarious situation last night (28th May). They deducted Rs. 89 for just 10 minutes (10:23 minutes, to be precise) of Internet connection. I must say, I made a mistake of not using any Internet pack, but allowed accessing through my main balance. Even then, that is really high amount they have charged. I called the customer care. Needless to say, they didn’t help.

I have also noticed that it has become increasingly tough to talk to customer care executives. The never ending instructions through IVR (Interactive Voice Response) always left me in a feeling of wandering in a jungle without having a clear path of destination. They are also charging money for talking to customer care executives.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 221704670410830/k2311a0417/4.17.09