Zuma Deluxe  » Games  »
  • When I bought it, my first thought was, Let's see how long this game lasts
  • Another feature which I noticed very recently is that you can click on a 3-d option to make the balls look like they're rolling
  • I like that because in games like Diner dash I kind of get bored during the endless shift
  • I enjoy playing it with my friends and kind of like holding tournaments to see who's the best

• by kaorusango

Zuma Deluxe is basically a version of Zuma with some added features. I have found this game to be one of the funnest games ever! When I bought it, my first thought was, “Let’s see how long this game lasts”. So I started playing it and got hooked to it immediately. Your goal is to eliminate all the balls in the game. There are different colors like red, green, yellow, blue, purple and silver/white. When you hit a group of 2 and more, the balls disappear and the rest of the line of balls keep moving toward until the yellow gauge on the top right of the screen fills up and you hear “Zuma!”. This results in the balls going backward and the end of the never ending balls (if that makes sense). Once all the balls are destroyed, the level is up. There are 12 levels in total and one extra “space level”. I haven’t gone there yet because I haven’t been able to make it past level 12! It is pretty hard to get there, so it takes tons of practice. You have three lives to start with and you

can earn (or lose) lives by earning 50,000 points. There are three main things you need in Zuma: speed, accuracy and strategy.

The first depends somewhat on the mouse. I use the regular laptop mouse of my Acer 5920 computer and I am able to play it just fine. However, many people may want a smooth game mouse like the Habu gaming mouse (I haven’t used this, just heard of it). Your speed also depends on practice. I have played this game so much that I don’t even have to register that the ball color group is yellow to hit it! It’s become almost like an automatic response for me now!

Accuracy also somewhat depends on the mouse. Sometimes, my mouse goes bonkers on me and shoots a couple of random balls or maybe my finger “slips” and my green ball goes between two red balls (after which I scream, of course).

Finally, strategy depends on practice (because you notice trends the more you play). Also, it depends on your ability to notice things you can do. For example, you need to keep an eye out for cool balls that let you do cool ...

• stuff. For example, a ball with an arrow indicates that if you destroy it, the chain moves backwards. If the ball has the pause symbol (two parallel lines in case you aren’t sure), it slows down the chain. If it has a little dark squarish symbol, it destroys a portion (more useful after you get the “Zuma!’) and finally if it has a little spirally thing (kind of like an archer’s target), it increases accuracy by making the shot go faster and making an arrow protrude out of the frog you use to hit the balls so that you can aim better. Make sure that you destroy them soon or the powers will fade away and that won’t be fun.

Another useful strategy is to have a chain where you keep destroying the balls. It makes the gauge fill up way faster and also save up a lot of time. However, the easiest way to fill up the gauge is to hit the tokens, which gives it a nice boost.

It’s good to look at the hints they give because I played the game for a month before realizing that I would get

an extra life by earning 50,000 points and that I could right click to change the color of the ball. Another feature which I noticed very recently is that you can click on a 3-d option to make the balls look like they’re rolling!

Also, there is a Gauntlet mode where you can practice. It has four levels: rabbit, eagle, jaguar and the sun god. It is different from gauntlet mode in other games and actually has levels. I like that because in games like Diner dash I kind of get bored during the endless shift. Of course, if you like that kind of thing, you can put the game in endless mode.

Zuma is a lot of fun with friends and family and can really be an awesome break or distraction for you.

There are lots of online versions and you can play it on different platforms like Ipod and even game consoles like Xbox 360 and others. For those worried Mac people, there is a version for Mac too. I enjoy playing it with my friends and kind of like holding tournaments to see who’s the best. I highly recommend this game.

Zuma Deluxe

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 281704670060730/k2311a0417/4.17.09