MAC Powder Blush  » Cosmetics  »
  • It's not the most long-wearing of blushes compared to other high-end ones I've tried

• by asperchris

I’ve long been a fan of MAC eyeshadows and finally decided to give their line of blushers a try. I’m still young enough to use powder blush, and have been experimenting with combining cream blush along my cheekbones and powder blush on my cheek apples, a technique I’ve seen being adopted recently by top make-up artists on such beautiful movie stars as Frieda Pinto.

Of course, she’s got olive-toned skin

and mine’s fair, so I went looking for the perfect pale pink for me.

Enter MAC Powder blush.

OK, so it’s a little more than I would normally spend on a blush, coming in at $18 from my local MAC counter at Macy’s.

I tried several colors in the pink range, and they have TONS of colors to choose from, you absolutely can’t go wrong with the selection.

...

• I loved Dollymix, which is a bright fuchsia pink, and dame, which is a lot paler, then settled on cubic (very subtle), fleur power and breezy (medium pinks).

So pretty.

Pros: the color selection is huge, you’re bound to find one or two you fall in love with; it’s easily blendable with your fingertips, I had no problems applying it with my favorite fluffy blush brush, you get a good application

of color, not too little, not too much, with the first swipe of the brush; colors looks natural, fresh, and very pretty (if I do say so myself).

Cons: It’s not the most long-wearing of blushes compared to other high-end ones I’ve tried.

You will want to reapply it after 2-3 hours, so keep it handy.

Overall, I give it high marks for color selection, appliability, blendability, and natural but pretty effect.

MAC Powder Blush

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 311604669610330/k2311a0416/4.16.09