Capital of Texas Zoo  » Entertainment  »
376A Jenkins Rd. Cedar Creek,TX 78612
  • There are some interesting animals at this particular zoo namely, a Fossa which is related to a mongoose, Lions, a white tiger, serval, coatimundi and quite a large number of bird life
  • What I like about this zoo is that I don't have to go to San Antonio or Houston to enjoy some of my (and hopefully) your favorite animals
  • I know several people like zoos and this is a good one

• by LP Jardine

The Capital of Texas Zoo is a small local zoo located in Cedar Creek Tx.

There are some interesting animals at this particular zoo namely, a Fossa which is related to a mongoose, Lions, a white tiger, serval, coatimundi and quite a large number of bird life. As well as quite a few more.

Capital of Texas zoo is not such a large zoo that you get

overwhelmed with walking. There are quite a few areas with different animals.

This zoo is a non profit organization.

Adult prices are 7.99 per person.

Children are $5.25 Children under two are admitted free.

What I like about this zoo is that I don’t have to go to San Antonio or Houston to enjoy some of my (and hopefully) your favorite animals.

My daughter is a volunteer there at The Capital ...

• of Texas Zoo, they have quite a good mentoring program for teenagers.

I do have to say the walkways are not always clearly marked and they are very uneven. They are constantly doing maintenance on the exhibit enclosures.

They also offer shows off of the grounds as well or petting zoo.

The owner is Mike Hicks.

My daughter has always wanted to be a zoo keeper

and work with wildlife, this way she can follow her dream yet not be overwhelmed as she may me if this was a much larger zoo.

Capital of Texas zoo also has there own website CapitalofTexasZoo.org

This is also something I enjoy since I really like animals. I know several people like zoos and this is a good one. They obviously put the needs of the animals to very high standards.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 591604669580330/k2311a0416/4.16.09