Mughal Garden New Delhi  » Travel  »
President House, New Delhi, India
  • When I read that there are more than ten thousand kinds of flowers in that garden, I could not believe that it can be true, but yes there are

• by Lex

Mughal Garden is the most famous publicly opened destination of the President’s house in India. Though it is not open for public for the whole year but it opened only for one month from mid February to mid march. I have got the opportunity to visit the Mughal Garden in 2005.

The whole scenario of the garden is in my mind vividly. This was a life time

opportunity for me.

Lots of stuff was associated with it and the most important of them is seeing the house of the president from inside. The garden is really magnificent.

When I read that there are more than ten thousand kinds of flowers in that garden, I could not believe that it can be true, but yes there are. The garden was made by British Viceroy and ...

• there is everything to see how the Britishers were living lavishly in India.

The area is kept neat and tidy, as I had expected, since it is the house of the president. For getting the pass I have to apply for that one month earlier with my ID proof.

Luckily, I was allowed. However, the no.

of visitors is too much since it is for public views

one month in a year. I can also see the presence of foreigners inside the garden.

The entry was made from the backdoor of the President’s House. The security was tight and I had expected it to be.

Even if the security was tight, I did not find anybody there who was irritated by three round security checkups. When it opened, it must be visited by everyone if possible.

This is a lifetime experience

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 381604669030330/k2311a0416/4.16.09