Metropark Hotel, Mongkok, Hong Kong  » Hotels  »
Mongkok, HongKong
  • I like that it's clean and also cleaned everyday
  • There are a lot of eatery around the hotel so it's really very convenient
  • I'm glad there wasn't a further disagreement over the issue
  • I'll definitely go back to the same hotel the next time I'm in HongKong

• by cHip

Metropark Mongkok is a 3-star hotel located right above the MTR station. It’s a wonderful hotel with good service and sufficient amenities for a short stay.

The room rate is very reasonable. I got a single room with twin beds for about SGD120 per night. The room is not big, but I didn’t really need such a big room since there was only my friend and myself and we were out most of the time anyway. There’s space, but if you’re looking for sufficient space to exercise, you may find it too cramped.

The basic amenities are in place - bath towels, 2 complimentary bottles of mineral water, a mini-fridge, TV, electric kettle, hair dryer. There is no

wifi or internet access however.

The bathroom is actually quite spacious, with a tub. I like that it’s clean and also cleaned everyday. The housekeeper does a good job. She not only tidies out toiletries for us, but also folds our clothes neatly and puts our books/brochures tidily on the bedside table. I was quite surprised by their service and initiative. That was a nice touch.

The location of the hotel is also wonderful for shoppers. It is directly above Mongkok MTR station and a mere 10 mins walk from Fa Yuen Street which sells nice and cheap apparel and accessories. There are a lot of eatery around the hotel so it’s really very convenient. There is ...

• also a bus stop directly outside the hotel which makes travelling a breeze.

On the last day, my friend and i checked out late. When we got back to the hotel, our room was locked and we couldn’t get in. We asked a housekeeper along the corridor to open the room for us and she kindly agreed to do so. After we packed our bags, we made our way down to reception.

We were informed that we had passed our check-out time. It was around 2pm and we were told the check-out time was at 12noon. However, I told the receptionist that their website indicated a check-out time of 3pm, so technically we were not late. He

didn’t argue further but proceeded to check us out. I’m glad there wasn’t a further disagreement over the issue.

As we left, the bellboy very nicely took our bags to the exit and even flagged a taxi for us, which, considering the traffic around that area, was not an easy task. But he managed to do so quickly and made sure we were safely on our way before he went back to the hotel. This kind of service certainly makes one’s day more pleasant.

I’ll definitely go back to the same hotel the next time I’m in HongKong. If you’re looking for a budget hotel with good location and service, you may want to give Metropark Mongkok a try.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 21604668830230/k2311a0416/4.16.09