Singapore Night Safari  » Travel  »
80 Mandai Lake Road, Singapore
  • It was definitely a unique experience which I was happy to try
  • I think going there once is enough for me

• by sikat

When night falls, unbeknown to us humans, nocturnal creatures are up and about. This is the idea behind Singapore Night Safari. As part of our Singapore trip, my friends and I went to this unique destination. We rode the bus to the Singapore Zoo. The night safari is in the same location as the zoo. Along with the fee, you can watch the show featuring the nocturnal animals and you are free to

roam around the place. If you plan to walk around, do not forget to bring a flashlight.

The show is in an amphitheater with blue stage lights to emphasize night time. Well, it helps that it opens at night. One by one, as if on cue, nocturnal animals were introduced. I remember seeing a majestic white wolf atop some mound. It was a breathtaking sight to see. The show can be funny and frustrating for the trainers especially when the animals refuse to cooperate with the commands given. Generally, it was an interesting presentation.

After the show, we were ready to roam around. We decided to take the tram which costs 8 Singaporean dollars. We took the tram because the dark night can be scary walking around with animals surrounding the place. Our seats on the tram were in the last row. It means that behind us ...

• Singapore Night Safari
      is just darkness in some unlit areas. It can be spooky when you think about it. It was part of the thrill, I guess. It was cool to see animals at night doing their own thing. Since we are in the last row and the guide was talking in front, we cannot catch up with the animals the guide was talking about. He might be talking about a water buffalo while the animal
      that is in front of us in our row is a tapir. We did not mind anyway since we cannot concentrate. We were thinking that something might be lurking behind our back or suddenly surprise us from our sides. I imagine us in a horror train.

It was definitely a unique experience which I was happy to try. I cannot see myself repeating it, though. I think going there once is enough for me.

Singapore Night Safari

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 381604668800230/k2311a0416/4.16.09