Uniden Cordless Phone EXI8560  » Electronics  »
  • I also noticed that there is a pager button on the base which means that if I ever lost the phone I would be able to page it and it will make a noise alerting me of where it is
  • The speaker phone works okay, the volume can go from low to loud, however I found out that it cuts out in an odd way

• by LissaK

AOL Messenger (required to be logged into AIM)

I knew when I moved into my dorm last semester that having not only a cordless phone, but a phone with speakerphone abilities would be important to me. When you are a college student working hard to get off of academic probation you will often need your hands to be free. While shopping I came across a cordless phone by 5.8GHz “Uniden” cordless phone. The price was around $30, I debated on whether or not this was reasonable at first but I figured that for

a phone to be that price it should work pretty well.

When I moved into my dorm and set up my phone I discovered that it actually did work great. I get caller ID so that I can see the number of people who call me, the number also light up in the dark so when I’m trying to dial in the dark I’ll be able to see the digits. I also noticed that there is a pager button on the base which means that if ...

• I ever lost the phone I would be able to page it and it will make a noise alerting me of where it is. However, the one thing that I was counting on most somewhat let me down.

The speaker phone works okay, the volume can go from low to loud, however I found out that it cuts out in an odd way. I could be on the phone with someone and either I don’t get the full sentence of what they say, or they get

gaps and pieces of what I say. This is very frustrating because I actually end up having to repeat my self multiple times or ask the other person what they said. It hinders me from being able to get the other thing done while I’m on the phone. Don’t get me wrong, the phone is good but I just don’t appreciate how the speaker phone cuts out (which is a big deal for me).

tsvi says :

i have aproblem with my new Uniden cordless phone EX18560. I installed it as instructed but when I make a call after 55 seconds the phone disconnect the conversation. Can you assist me with reparing the problem?

John says :

I would suggest testing out a different telephone on your phone lines to make sure it’s not a problem with the phone service itself. Disconnections can also be caused by interferences between the base and the handset. Don’t place the base next to any TV antennas or other wireless devices, because it can cause interferences. Make sure that the handset is fully charged as well.

Galega says :

If your phone is always getting disconnected after 55 seconds, then the problem lies with the telephone operator. It is network related as it is cutting off after certain fixed time. This issue appears mostly because the session was not actually established and is in most cases network(NAT) related.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 161604668580230/k2311a0416/4.16.09