Purfit AbRoller
  • From personal experience and years of attending fitness classes and gyms, I know that the only way to burn fat is to do a cardiovascular workout
  • I was pretty sure it was a gimmick, and that I would not be getting anything out of it other than a change in routine from my usual crunches, but it was $29.99, and easy to pack, so I thought I would give it a try

• by Jessie Bahrey

As someone who has been a runner and avid fitness participant most of my life, I have seen many fads come and go that claim to burn fat, or give you thighs or abs of steel, or other lofty promises. From personal experience and years of attending fitness classes and gyms, I know that the only way to burn fat is to do a cardiovascular workout; any other contraptions or machines may help tone, but only once the fat is gone.

I have seen and used many such devices and, while they may help stabilize your body while you perform certain

exercises, they will not in and of themselves work to tone that particular body part.

Recently, while I was going to be traveling for business for several months and unsure how often I would have gym access, I purchased a Purfit AbRoller, intending to use it as a supplement to my running, to try to maintain my ’six pack’ abs.

99, and easy to pack, so I thought I ...

• would give it a try.

The AbRoller is a small blue roller, with handles to grasp; you simply kneel and slide the roller away from your body and back.

It sounds ridiculously simple, but it is very hard.

You can do it on an angle, to use your obliques, or just straight out and back.

Not only does your midsection get a workout, but it is also very good for your arms and shoulders-think pushups.

So, does it work? Well, I can honestly say that my abs have become a bit more sculpted, without thousands of crunches.

I knew I would not

have the time to do that part of my workout all the time, and using the AbRoller for about 5 minutes a day, combined with a cardio workout of course, has given me the equivalent to hundreds of crunches and other sit-ups.

So my answer would be a cautious yes, it does work-but only as a supplement to some form of cardio.

It is not a magic machine that will take the place of sweat and hard work; like most fitness devices, it is simply a tool which makes a form of exercise easier to perform and helps to target a specific muscle group.

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
    The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 341604668460230/k2311a0416/4.16.09