SureSlim Wellness Clinic
#102 - 15141 No 10 Hwy, Surrey, BC, Canada or www.sureslim.ca
  • As someone who has been fortunate enough to be slim for most of my life, due to daily fitness and (mostly) healthy eating, I have become downright cynical of the diet industry, and I believe very strongly that most diet programs, while rarely working, take advantage of peoples' desire to be thin
  • Well, given that I had always adamantly believed that eating smaller, nutritious meals throughout the day was the best way to boost your metabolism, I was unconvinced

• by Jessie Bahrey

As someone who has been fortunate enough to be slim for most of my life, due to daily fitness and (mostly) healthy eating, I have become downright cynical of the diet industry, and I believe very strongly that most diet programs, while rarely working, take advantage of peoples’ desire to be thin. I am aware of the societal pressures to look a certain way, and I also believe strongly that we need to try to be healthy, and that implies maintaining a healthy weight. I have seen and heard about one too many people, mainly women, spending thousands

of dollars to lose weight at one of these businesses, only to gain it all back after they stop buying the company’s food, or stop attending meetings. So, when my husband gained weight after quitting smoking, tried conventional calorie counting and exercise to no avail, and joined the SureSlim Wellness Clinic after paying the $800 sign-up fee, I was very skeptical.

SureSlim advertises with the slogan “It isn’t you, it’s your metabolism”, and since my husband was convinced that his metabolism no longer worked, he decided to try it. The program’s first step is to take a blood test ...

• and from there, the medically trained staff sets out a food plan according to the results. My husband’s personal plan was: no red meat, no alcohol, only limited daily carbs, and to eat three meals a day, spaced a minimum of five hours apart, with absolutely no snacking. Well, given that I had always adamantly believed that eating smaller, nutritious meals throughout the day was the best way to boost your metabolism, I was unconvinced. And guess what? He lost weight. He lost 30 pounds in five months and has kept it off.

After 3 months, another blood test

was taken, and he was allowed one glass of wine, some red meat, and some more carbs. And, a year and a 3 week trip to Italy later, he has not gained any back. He still checks in with his ‘counselor’ who weighs and measures his progress, and gives encouragement. After the initial fee, there is never another expense, unless you purchase their food. However, what makes this program more economical than most is that you are encouraged to prepare your own food. So, as skeptical as I was, I cannot argue with results. SureSlim, at least for my husband, works.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 341504668040530/k2311a0415/4.15.09