Amityville (R, 1979)
    • Item: Amityville Horror (R, 1979) movie Location: by: Famous

This is one of those horror classics, whose horror even time can’t really mellow. Several Amityville sequels were made following the original.

But none will ever top the terror of the

first.

George Brolin and Margot Kidder were excellent casting options when this movie was made.

Centered around the horrors occurring in the house on Ocean Ave.

in Amityville–these occurrences were said to be real.

There has been much talk over the ...

• years, that the Lutzes simply created a hoax.

But somehow I believe them.

The house on Ocean Ave.

is as much a character as the people who live it.

That is what I truly enjoyed about this movie.

There aren’t tons of special effects.

Most of the scares come from the haunting score, and from the inferred horror of things that happened there.

If you really really want to see what a haunted house movie is all about, this is definitely the movie to rent.

Brandi Perry says :

One of the scariest movies I had ever seen at the time. This was one of the first “scary” movies I ever saw, thanks to the coolest babysitter in the world The general thought of it being based on a true story and then the pops and creaks in my house that night, made for a long fitful night of sleep. The 2005 version was much better made but I will never forget the overall fear I felt from watching this one.

Shawn Tillman says :

I recalled watching this movie when I was around 5 years old and it was really scary. However, I saw a documentary about the truth behind scary movies which featured Amityville and learned that the movie based on the story line of the family is a hoax. The only truth to the movie was the eldest son killing his family members. After I learned this fact, I lost interest in the movie altogether.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 11290666800530/k2311a0629/6.29.06