WoodCreek Apartments Pleasant Hill CA  » Real estate  »
1.0
Pleasant Hill, California
  • I thought the rent, $1375, was a little high and more than I could afford, but I was willing to pay for the ammenities
  • Next thing I know, I am moving into an apartment with the dirtiest kitchen flooring that I had ever seen

• by csibauer

WoodCreek Apartments in Pleasant Hill California appears to be a beautiful place to live. Almost like a serene get-away from work or the usual hustle and bustle. I thought the rent, $1375, was a little high and more than I could afford, but I was willing to pay for the ammenities.

The leasing consultant showed me a 1 bedroom/1 bath “very similar” to the one that I would be renting. It was beautiful! New carpet, new appliances…I was in love.

Next thing I know,

I am moving into an apartment with the dirtiest kitchen flooring that I had ever seen. The strip that connects the entryway tile to the kitchen flooring was falling off (boyfriend had to repair that), the carpet was so badly stained that I almost thought about paying to have it cleaned again.

Oh, and it smelled so badly of cat urine and smoke that I had to leave the windows open for a week to air it out. Regardless of the mess, I was determimed to live ...

• there because of how beautiful the property grounds were.

Fast forward to a year later, and I am attempting to renegotiate my lease term. At a time when all of California’s rents are gowing down, Wood Creek (who is owned by Equity Residential) increases their rent.

I attempted to tell them that my apartment was not in good condition as explained at move in. The property manager told me that she would lower my rent to $1310/mo.

Ok, I was willing to take that.

She later comes back and says that she cant go lower than $1460.

??? I was out of there. What I forgot to mention was that the property Manager, Ava, was so rude to me in front of other potential renters, that I wanted to slap her.

She also never returns phone calls or happens to be in the office when I stop by to see her. I now am stuck with a cleaning bill that has incorrect figures on it.

she is nowhere to be found.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 621504667960530/k2311a0415/4.15.09