Betty Crocker’s Entertaining Basics Cook Book  » Recipes  »
  • Learning to entertain with confidence is the caption and in my opinion it delivers
  • I really enjoy cookbooks, I love looking through them, seeing different recipes, and getting great ideas
  • My all time favourite recipe from this book is the Tiramisu-Toffee Dessert , which uses a packaged pound cake as the base and contains no raw eggs (I have raw egg issues

• by Christine at becomingp31

“Learning to entertain with confidence” is the caption and in my opinion it delivers. This book is more than just a cookbook with recipes, it goes over how much food you should make per person, table settings, decorative ideas and party planning from timetables, shopping and picking your drinks to what to do with your guests

coats.

The recipe section is well written giving tips and tricks for each recipe. There is a section for Appetizers and Beverages, Main Dishes, Sides, Desserts, and Breakfast/Brunch. To top it all off it has an additional section on complete Holiday Menus, that not only outlines the menu, gives you the recipes, but gives you a “Party Countdown” with things to do one week before to 10 minutes before, taking all the guess work out of your meal!!

I really enjoy cookbooks, I love looking through them, seeing different recipes, and getting great ideas. I received this particular cookbook as a gift a few years back and have been trying out recipes ever since. The recipes ...

• Betty Crocker's Entertaining Basics Cook Book
      are strait forward, easy to follow and do not call for any fancy ingredients that would be hard to find.

This book has given me lot of ideas when planning party’s or get-togethers and some of the recipes are now “staples” in my repertoire of cooking and baking, such as “Hot Crab Dip”, “Veggie Tortilla Roll-Ups” and “Beef

Enchiladas”. My all time favourite recipe from this book is the “Tiramisu-Toffee Dessert”, which uses a packaged pound cake as the base and contains no raw eggs (I have raw egg issues!!).

For all those who love to cook and bake or for all those who want some easy ideas on how to entertain without all the stress, this book is for you.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 491504667870530/k2311a0415/4.15.09