Preliator by Globus  » Music  »
  • I am already a huge fan of some of the best film score writers such as Danny Elfman and John Williams
  • Their description was next to where my heart beats when it comes to relying on top quality music, so I decided to look them up on YouTube as there is usually a decent sample of any band, album or song
  • I think that perhaps Globus tries a little too hard to be over-the-top, and frankly, they don't let up
  • I know I could never write or conduct such masterpieces, but much of today's music lacks originality, and I'm afriad parts of Globus fell into that pit

• by Zephoria Escher

I am as gullible to any “Earth Shattering” sound explosion of Orchestral music as a doomsayer is to the End Of The World. I am already a huge fan of some of the best film score writers such as Danny Elfman and John Williams. I am also a fan of excessively dark orchestral sounds as created by a favorite group of mine called E.S. Posthumus. I decided to search on ReviewStream.com for E.S. Posthumus reviews and only found that someone used this group to describe their review of the album, “Epicon” by Globus.

Their description was next to where my heart beats when it comes to relying on top quality music, so I decided to look them up on YouTube as there is usually a decent sample of any band, album or song. Not to my surprise, this reviewer was right on the money with his

ten out of ten review. I heard many of the songs from Epicon, but the song from Globus that really got my attention was Preliator.

Preliator immediately reminded me of E.S. Posthumus but bigger. The sound is so loud and yet unlike E.S. Posthumus, the bass doesn’t distort your speakers as often. Don’t get me wrong, I absolutely adore E.S. Posthumus, and Globus couldn’t touch the hem of a song like Nara, but it was a certain addition to my collection of heart pounding dramatized orchestral music.

Perhaps this song was intended for the movie 300 before they decided to give Trent Reznor a shot. (Why?) However I was slightly hit with a little bit of the too much of a good thing can be a bad thing itch. I think that perhaps Globus tries a little too hard ...

• to be over-the-top, and frankly, they don’t let up. It’s like having a baby, but the contractions don’t come in waves; they simply never go away. Next thing you know it, you will be breaking off the rim of your tables or chairs wanting anything to make it stop.

That is not to say that this music isn’t good. Quite the contrary. I know I could never write or conduct such masterpieces, but much of today’s music lacks originality, and I’m afriad parts of Globus fell into that pit. I would trade my E.S. Posthumus’s speaker farting bass sound for the shouting of a five hundred person choir in every single song on the CD any day. In fact, I will most likely skip buying the CD, download a few of the more distinct songs, and save all of the rest for the movies that will most

likely drown it out. Globus who? Exactly, I’m afraid with repetitiveness, they are likely to stay that way. When they learn to put a little Vangelis touch and have the sound of the waves that settled, not just the waves that crashed; then they will surely be remembered.

If you want a simple one out of five star rating, I would have to give it a simple three or three point five only docked by the lack or originality. I’ve heard this sound all too much before as most of my music collection lies somewhere within the symphonic region. When it comes to how beautiful and likable these songs are, sure they are at least a four star, but against all of the other songs similar to Preliator, it is simply an average orchestrated film song.

Six out of Ten.

Mike says :

Hi, i`d love to know who the singer singing Preliator in Wembley is. She is gorgeous, great voice, beautiful lass. many thanks

Raza says :

The singer is Lisbeth Scott

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 141404667660230/k2311a0414/4.14.09