Marc Jacobs Men cologne  » Perfume  »
1.5
  • I got a taste of this when a miniature size perfume was given to me
  • The first spray was a good start however, I can't sense where is the floral part of the scent

• by ibizaspain

This was a basic male scent from Marc Jacobs. I got a taste of this when a miniature size perfume was given to me. The scent can be describe as something woody floral.

Marc Jacobs has this signature appearance for his scents. The bottle usually has this plain appeal and the box are colored white with simple text about the name of the

perfume. It is also a signature style of Marc Jacobs to have an elongated bottle and most of them are transparent. This one has the simplicity of the usual box Marc Jacobs has for his other perfumes and the bottle was not the traditional tall-like size. The bottle looked like a compressed softdrink can. It was flat and I am glad that this one took a deviation. Good to have it considering that this is a male perfume. The shape was very masculine as well. I like the packaging too. I have been a fan of minimalism and this look satisfied me.

The scent features notes of cardamon,bergamot and cypress. The dry down stage comprises notes of oakmoss, cedar, musk tonka bean and patchouli.

The first ...

• Marc Jacobs Men cologne
      phase of the scent is very alluring. I admired the presence of bergamot. This was not very dominating though because cypress minimizes its dominance. Cardamon also supported the whole first phase to make it smell nice. Cypress was just too strong and I never like this plant. I could remember in our ancestral home, we had a cypress tree and the leaves
      never smelled good.

The segue of the perfume was somewhat woody because of musk and patchouli but the presence of oakmoss and cedar befuddled me. The woody texture was moderated leaving it ordinary. The first spray was a good start however, I can’t sense where is the floral part of the scent. The scent is totally confusing not to mention it is forgettable.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 561404667360230/k2311a0414/4.14.09