Facebook  » Web sites  »
2.5
  • I believe that i joined facebook in 2006 or early 2007
  • It was a sleepy December morning when i decided to go poke my pals on facebook, just to annoy them and fill their inboxes
  • The original was still the best, but this one is okay
  • I think this is because it is very eerily similar to another website i use every day
  • I like the idea, and i like it more than myspace

• by Pudgy Critic

I believe that i joined facebook in 2006 or early 2007. To my knowledge, it had not been changed since it was created. It was attractive, professional, and the GUI was terrific! Then a company offered the college student who owns it some big bucks if he ‘expanded it’. So, if he changes it so that it can be syndicated and sold for 2 billion, some company with deep pockets will get deeper pockets by selling profiles or (gasp) continuing its legacy.

The first radical change happened before christmas of 2008. It was a sleepy December morning when i decided to go poke my pals on facebook, just to annoy them and fill their inboxes. So, i went

to sign in and i recall cussing to myself under my breath. Where was the poke button? Why were people i knew back in high school asking me to add tons of apps? Why was my photo back to the default grey man? Why was there a yellow banner saying “We have changed…” near the top of the screen? And WHY was it all “new.facebook.com”? What happened to facebook? Did some evil hacker decided to torture us by making an easy to remember URL difficult to remember? Ugh. I couldn’t believe it! So i looked around, and i couldn’t find anything. Not my bumper stickers, my flair, my “are you a…” quizzes.. Nothing. Just a post on ...

• my “NEW wall” from a friend several months prior about my birthday. It took me until mid February to get used to it. Then… More change came.

This one is even more confusing than the last! The new navigation is poor, search is poor, the constant bombardment of “Post the full story about how you just poked your sister!” crap is absolutely migraine inducing! However, i managed to adapt to this new version better than the last. The original was still the best, but this one is okay. I think this is because it is very eerily similar to another website i use every day. Twitter. I think that Facebook should be a site for finding folks you went

to school with, worked with at McDonalds while in highschool, studied with for college exams with in (you guessed it) college. It is not for annoying your friends with ‘hey i just loled at a lol cat” or ‘hey i went to the mall’ or ‘hey i am sick’. No. I want to see ‘i loathe this new facebook layout!’

I loved Facebook. I like the idea, and i like it more than myspace. However, myspace went down the syndicate path and became a black hole. Please, stop changing it! Facebook deserves a 10. And, New Facebook deserves a 4, yet because it is kind of like a mentally inept little brother of Facebook, it gets a 5.

Facebook

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 201304666711030/k2311a0413/4.13.09